Fuel consumption.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i am getting about 9.0l on highway and 9.5 to 10 around town and 15 towing a 1500kg boat about to fit snorkel so hop to improve it a bit .cheers pappy

My 09 d40 manual king cab avg is 11.5 per 100. My old 07 (now traded)d40 stx . dies, man, always 10 per 100. Dads 05 STR zd30 10.2, and workmates(hoon) STR is 11.5. Bit dissapointed with the king cabs economy but know a few that are much worse. Hopefully gets better (only 6000km) but not optimistic my STX never changed from day one. (10lt/100).

I've checked for my last two tank fills.
2006 d40 td manual.Around 120 kgs over standard weight,70% freeway,30% city driving.
62 lts for 690.4 kms.
62.7 lts for 730.8 kms.
Filled at different suppliers.

D40 Duel cab, TD Auto
I'm getting 9lt/100 HWY, with 5 blokes in the car......

Milage is improving as I put milage on the clock

Last edited:
I've had the gas on for 9 months now and have discovered that the extra power is awesome but their really isn't a huge economy saving. I have kept records for the whole 9 months and here is a summary:

My average combined consumption (gas and diesel) is 12.2l per 100km. (That is 9.4l diesel and 2.8l gas per 100km). Approx 23% gas

My worst combined was 13.8l per 100l. (10.6l diesel and 3.2l gas/100km). This was achieved by driving mainly over 100kmph.

Best combined was 11l per 100km. (8.6l diesel and 2.4l gas per 100km). This was achieved by crawling along at 70 - 80kmph

Towing my camper, I'm averaging (combined) 12.6l per 100km as long as I keep it close to 100kmph. As soon as you creep too far over 100kmph it chews fuel.

I wish my ute had a 6th gear as it is uneconomical when you start pushing over 100kmph. I find I am using 5th from about 75kmph onward. By the time I hit 100 I'm hunting for another gear.

Geez, Big Horse, it seems I am getting better overall mileage then you are, and I have no modifications...

I was considering getting the diesel gas mod done to my ute,,, but now I not going to bother.....

Yeah if you were going to do it for economy, don't bother, however, as a performance mod, it is well worthwhile. It will give you an extra 10 - 20kw at the rear wheels. I am happy with it, but my biggest problem is my right foot. I've driven V6 petrols for too long and I expect every car to perform that well.

Towing is where diesel/gas really shines and as you can see by my consumption figures it doesn't use much extra fuel.

I've had the gas on for 9 months now and have discovered that the extra power is awesome but their really isn't a huge economy saving. I have kept records for the whole 9 months and here is a summary:

My average combined consumption (gas and diesel) is 12.2l per 100km. (That is 9.4l diesel and 2.8l gas per 100km). Approx 23% gas

My worst combined was 13.8l per 100l. (10.6l diesel and 3.2l gas/100km). This was achieved by driving mainly over 100kmph.

Best combined was 11l per 100km. (8.6l diesel and 2.4l gas per 100km). This was achieved by crawling along at 70 - 80kmph

Towing my camper, I'm averaging (combined) 12.6l per 100km as long as I keep it close to 100kmph. As soon as you creep too far over 100kmph it chews fuel.

I wish my ute had a 6th gear as it is uneconomical when you start pushing over 100kmph. I find I am using 5th from about 75kmph onward. By the time I hit 100 I'm hunting for another gear.

mate you might want to look at modifying your air intake or a high flow air fillter i had the same trouble and worked out i wasnt getting to the enought air. ive done both and there a marked improvement i was down 7.9L per 100Km but has gone up to 8.5L per 100 wroughly havent done any figures for a while with bigger tyres, winch, dual batterys etc. adding weight

mate you might want to look at modifying your air intake or a high flow air fillter i had the same trouble and worked out i wasnt getting to the enought air. ive done both and there a marked improvement i was down 7.9L per 100Km but has gone up to 8.5L per 100 wroughly havent done any figures for a while with bigger tyres, winch, dual batterys etc. adding weight

I have messed around with the intake a fair bit and at present I have a pod filter in my airbox. I have modified the air intake by removing the cyclone pre filter and running the airbox inlet pipe all the way in front of the radiator with a large air catcher.

I had the pod outside the airbox and it sounded mint, but, I was concerned about heat from the engine bay and at times it felt sluggish especially higher up in the rev range.

The main problem with my consumption is my right foot and I live up in the hills of Perth so everyday I drive up and down hills with a lot of stop start driving.

What size jet are you running in your gas system? I am running a 40 thou jet and find I am using between 20 and 25% gas.

We just did 9,000kms return trip Sydney to top of Cape York. The D40 diesel (manual with canopy) was really loaded up.
Best was 10.1 l/100km on the freeway at 100kmh.
Worst was 12.5 l/100km between Charters Towers and Emerald - but we averaged something like 115 kmh.
Overall average for the 9,0003 kms was 10.7 l/100km.
Can't complain about that!

Filled up last night.

1004km's travelled and 104L put in.

10.36L per 100km's as a average.

I am happy with that.

Dave.

I have messed around with the intake a fair bit and at present I have a pod filter in my airbox. I have modified the air intake by removing the cyclone pre filter and running the airbox inlet pipe all the way in front of the radiator with a large air catcher.

I had the pod outside the airbox and it sounded mint, but, I was concerned about heat from the engine bay and at times it felt sluggish especially higher up in the rev range.

The main problem with my consumption is my right foot and I live up in the hills of Perth so everyday I drive up and down hills with a lot of stop start driving.

What size jet are you running in your gas system? I am running a 40 thou jet and find I am using between 20 and 25% gas.

yep know the feeling with the right foot so easy with the extra power

not sure on jet size my system also runs with a stepper to control the flow of gas at the moment think its at about 21.6 pretty constant so could go up a touch just havent called in to get them to a just the stepper setting up a bit more
ive change my air intake by doing same removing the cyclone pre filter and drilling new 3inc hole in side pannel shortening the snorkel pipe and running 3inc 90 bend pipe straight out of snorkle and into air box then a uni high flow fillter made a huge diff even without the gas running

Model : D22 STR 2004
Engine : ZD30DDt
Auto or Manual : Manual
Rough guess on weight : stock

Sorry a bit late to this one. I salary sacrifice the vehicle therefore i get fairly accurate print out of my mileage and litres of fuel.
Here are some figures with roughtly 50% hwy and 50% city

ks | L | per 100 | fuel
593 | 58.58 | 9.8 | Caltex
525 | 53.44 | 10.1 | Caltex
626 | 62.23 | 9.9 | Caltex
456 | 43.12 | 9.4 | Caltex
432 | 44.7 | 10.34 | BP
343 | 32.67 | 9.5 | Caltex
584 | 61.56 | 10.54 | Caltex
499 | 49.02 | 9.8 | Caltex
593 | 58.58 | 9.87 | Bp

Last edited:
You sure about your power plant.

All STR's are VG33E, ZD30DDT, YD25DDTICRD powered.

Dave.

Thanks Dave,

Didn't get off my arse to look under the hood, did it off the VIN and must have mixed it up.
Cheers

Latest posts

Back