Had a gut full!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing personal Jason....I just like your review..

have to agree with its off road capability.

the D22 drivers left me for dead with the of road capability.

Upon pulling the front housing off the diff I found a hand full of broken pinion gears. :rofl2:

the navara is a very average vehicle and nissan expect its :homo:owners to use it to collect the shopping.

:confused2:

GO the MIGHTY '22:tazzy:

I go over a speed bump with the Nav something else needs upgrading.

amen, d22 is no better imo. **** nissan ill never buy another one as long as i live due to there crap service and the way they slime there way out of every little issue

Asshole the 3 inch lift and go back to a two inch sus and a two inch body. That will fix the cv snapping.

^^^^ what he said... 2inches will get u most places with decent tyres (and under body protection) unless u spend serious bucks on anything bigger your bound to have problems..

a d22 may never have as much wheel travel at a patrol but they have the most travel out of all the dual cabs on the market!, its all about how you drive them, ive put mine the same places as patrols and other live axels and with the right line gotten through now worries!

really as far as im concerned 90% of it come down to the driver!!!

cheers
bryan

Its a much of a muchness really. All cars, no matter what people claim, have problems and will shit bricks every now and then. I don't care if it's a Landcruiser, Patrol, Hilux or Nav. Check out the forums related to those cars, tonnes of problem threads.

It just depends on whether you have a car you WANT to keep, or you don't care about that will decide whether you choose to pour cash into it to keep it going.

I have owned a 210rwkw VS HSV Clubsport, a charged VP V6 Commodore, a 99 Pathfinder and a 321rwkw VY SS ute. The Navara is still the best car all round to drive out of them all. I love it and i'll keep it until it completely shits itself.

When the front end shits itself, SAS. When the motor blows up, Diesel v8 motor. :devil:

Just go alittle easy on the car pick your lines even get some one to spot you,they are a great truck you just drive them with a bit more control

My original tyre front left had nearly gone bald on the inside in 9000km, so despite never being aligned from factory, the tyre wear or alignment was not a warranty issue

You really can't and shouldn't compare a Navara to either a Patrol or Cruiser. They are in different classes of vehicle as well as different price brackets. You also shouldn't expect to go where Patrols and Cruisers can go, for a start they are higher than any Navara, their chassis clearance is higher (but their diff clearance can be the same depending on tyre size).

They are also stronger vehicles, 1 because they are heavier so they are built stronger, 2 they are built for 4WDing, whereas the Navara is more of an allrounder.

Regarding your overheating, could it have be related to the activities shown in your avatar?

What model is the Patrol.
I'm looking for one.

Gu II (2001) me thinks, ZD30 supposedly improved version after all the first batch problems. 340,000km original clutch and turbo etc, egr never blocked (didn't know about it) I think this was it's downfall, cracked the head through the journals very badly. $7000k later and back to the repairer with top radiator tank leaking substantially (was replaced during the repair) and serious oil leaks, possibly a rear main seal (also done during repair). He serviced it regularly but the truck has gone from ultra dependable to unreliable in his mind and after this round of repairs still wonders what else will happen and so it's going.
Keep one thing in mind, the ZD30 was always intended for the 1700kg Navara and is a good fit for purpose motor in them, but in a 3000kg Patrol with a variable output turbo (to increase output) which can run out of spec it's a bit of a stress fest for it.
Best find a 4.2 ltr.

Back