Had a gut full!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hosery

Reaction score
Hey guys been a long time since I've been on here. But in that time I've been pulling my hair out from the nav. Snapped a few CVs it doesn't cut it in the bush. Ifs is terrible! And I can't stop it chewing my tires out. Now to top it off this weekend it decided to overheat badly out the middle of no where and had to be towed by a Toyota! Any way I think that's the last straw and now im giving up and its time for a patrol. As much as I loved the nav im beginning to hate every aspect of it. Sorry for the ramble guys. This prob should of been in the rant section.

How is the overheating a Navara problem? Most cars overheat if there is a problem with the cooling system. And you got towed by a Toyota, so what? Better than being stuck in the middle of nowhere with no help at all.

And as for the CV's i know plenty of Patrols and Landcruisers that regulary snap CV's. It's not limited to one 4WD brand. What suspension set up do you have? If the front has too much lift, those CV's will be sitting on a dirty angle and will snap easily. That's what diff drop kits are for.

And as for the CV's i know plenty of Patrols and Landcruisers that regulary snap CV's. It's not limited to one 4WD brand. What suspension set up do you have? If the front has too much lift, those CV's will be sitting on a dirty angle and will snap easily. That's what diff drop kits are for.

How is the overheating a Navara problem? Most cars overheat if there is a problem with the cooling system. And you got towed by a Toyota, so what? Better than being stuck in the middle of nowhere with no help at all.

yeah im not saying the overheating is a navara issue but its just something else with mine when all I've had is a constant string of issues. And with the CVs I have a 3 inch lift which doesnt help them at all i no. But i wheel with a heap of patrols and landcruisers and they have never snapped 1.

You put big lift on a Cruiser or Patrol you will snap CV's too. Although i agree IFS can be annoying, its not so bad. I put Ironman 2" lift on my D40, it came up 70mm in the rear, and only 35mm in the front due to the IFS.

Easy remedy, put some Ironman 15mm spacers in the front to bring it up 25mm without sacrificing my CV's or UCA's, whereas 25mm spacers would have brought it up around 35 - 37mm and started straining the CV's. Still got good clearance all round too.

You put big lift on a Cruiser or Patrol you will snap CV's too. Although i agree IFS can be annoying, its not so bad. I put Ironman 2" lift on my D40, it came up 70mm in the rear, and only 35mm in the front due to the IFS.

Easy remedy, put some Ironman 15mm spacers in the front to bring it up 25mm without sacrificing my CV's or UCA's, whereas 25mm spacers would have brought it up around 35 - 37mm and started straining the CV's. Still got good clearance all round too.

yeah but the best thing about them is you don't need a big lift to fit bigger tyres. Where as with the nav my 3 inch lift just clears 33s. A mates gq has no lift and clears 33s easy.

Thats definantly a bonus. Dont get me wrong, id own a Patrol but i bought a Nav because i carry a dirtbike etc and dont want to tow a trailer etc so it suited me perfect. But id definantly own a Patrol ute if i had the cash

Asshole the 3 inch lift and go back to a two inch sus and a two inch body. That will fix the cv snapping.

Hey guys been a long time since I've been on here. But in that time I've been pulling my hair out from the nav. Snapped a few CVs it doesn't cut it in the bush. Ifs is terrible! And I can't stop it chewing my tires out. Now to top it off this weekend it decided to overheat badly out the middle of no where and had to be towed by a Toyota! Any way I think that's the last straw and now im giving up and its time for a patrol. As much as I loved the nav im beginning to hate every aspect of it. Sorry for the ramble guys. This prob should of been in the rant section.

unfortunately,..this is what happens when only one part of a whole assy is modified without regards to the rest of the assy.

My mate is tearing his hair out over his patrol at the moment and as I ferry him up and down the coast to the repairer he comments how great the nav runs/goes. He is going to trade his patrol as soon as it's repaired, he's decided a ute is the way to go, I will say that up until now his patrol has served very well.

Its a much of a muchness really. All cars, no matter what people claim, have problems and will shit bricks every now and then. I don't care if it's a Landcruiser, Patrol, Hilux or Nav. Check out the forums related to those cars, tonnes of problem threads.

It just depends on whether you have a car you WANT to keep, or you don't care about that will decide whether you choose to pour cash into it to keep it going.

I have owned a 210rwkw VS HSV Clubsport, a charged VP V6 Commodore, a 99 Pathfinder and a 321rwkw VY SS ute. The Navara is still the best car all round to drive out of them all. I love it and i'll keep it until it completely shits itself.

have to agree with its off road capability.

I couldn't wait to get mine.
First trip off road i took it to straddie the side steps would scrape on everything and the Nav would bottom out as the navara is to low (compared to others).

remedy, fitted a sax 2" suspension lift and head off road again.
light off road to test wheel travel etc and found I would get nowhere without lifting a wheel, the D22 drivers left me for dead with the of road capability.

third time off road, today, this time a get a little adventurous and try a hill climb, nothing difficult. Father in law drove straight up in his standard prado with slight wheel spin. I figure I ave more ground clearance, better tyres I should breeze it in, boy was I wrong. Started to lose traction so upped the revs a little and then bang, clunk, rattle. Shut the car down hoped out to find a hole in my front diff and oil everywhere (lucky I had the winch fitted)

Rang the local nissan dealer to be told that I would not have any warranty on the front diff due to the vehicle being used in an off road environment. So rang a local tow truck to home and forked out $220 to have it towed. Put it in the shed and pulled the diff out. Upon pulling the front housing off the diff I found a hand full of broken pinion gears. I have had a fair share of performance cars and from looking at the front diff gears they are either very weak or mine has had issues from day one. Car is 10 months old and has 25000km's on the clock.

Sorry for the long rant but as you can imagine I am some what annoyed about having to fork out almost $3000 for a replacement.

i use mine for work so I carry around 250kg of tools
so with the lack of off road ability, weak rear springs, had to replace to carry my tools and camper and the common clutch issue, mine has been replaced at 20,000km's. It seems the navara is a very average vehicle and nissan expect its owners to use it to collect the shopping.

I have done the same kinds of offroading situations, a couple of mudholes, water etc. Never had a problem. Mine has 146xxx kms on it. Same deal with same models of other 4WDs, some have had problems from brand new, some have taken over 200,000kms to have problems.

just don't expect to break stuff on a brand new car so easily, considering I watched a hand full of others drive up the same hill.

If I had given it a hiding over its life and it had a few km's on it then i would expect issues but not on a new car.

I have had a hilux, surf, feroza old dungas and given them a hiding offroad and never an issue. seems like everytime I go over a speed bump with the Nav something else needs upgrading.

)

Rang the local nissan dealer to be told that I would not have any warranty on the front diff due to the vehicle being used in an off road environment. nissan expect its owners to use it to collect the shopping.

FARKIN GRRRRRRRRRRR nissan........

why the FARKIN HELL does it come with 4WD nissan??????

Nissan Aust = :homo::wristy: farkin :rambo:

PFFFT

Back