Hand brake adjustment

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe.weeden

Reaction score
Hi guys need some help my hand brake isn't working at all I have to leave it in gear I'm just trying to adjust it now iv adjusted under the driver side but that didn't help much iv read on here that there is some think near the rear wheel to adjust can any body help out and some pictures would be a huge help thanks heaps

Hey mate, had this same issue a while ago. best way in my opinion, someone else may know better, is to take the adjustment off of the cable so it is fairly slack, jack up the rear wheels and adjust the brakes, there is a slot in the dust cover, use a small flat screw driver and you will feel a small gear that should turn one way. adjust the brakes so that the wheels still turn easily but with a small amount of resistance once you have got this then you can adjust the cable. i think the rule of thumb is when you pull the lever it should click 7 times and the hand brake should be fully on.

Yeah ok so on the back of the wheel there is that black grommet about 10mm round take that out and put a screw driver in it and turn? Iv had a look at that and I couldn't find any think in there ? It's the grommet closest in the picture? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383460783.014453.jpg

My 2003 hand brake stopped working but it was the bracket under the dash that is part of the cable had broken...I took it out and welded it up and put it back in while waiting for a new cable and it's still in there...

Latest posts

Back