Help , front window

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RASCAL

Reaction score
My front window has been leaking for some time now so I took it in to get it looked at , the tell me there is rust in there pushing the window out making it hard for them to get it to seal , when I shut my front doors it pushes the window out also under pressure I can see move . They told me to fix ill have to cut out what rust there is , if there is any out but to do so I have to break my window is this true ?

Trouble is I can't see any rust there , bugger about the window thou if only there was away around it

yes its true i am an autoglazier so I this stuff everyday. If you can see it moving when you close the door it could be from two things...1 there is rust under the screen and the urethane has let go because the rust has eaten away at the appeture where the windscreen is glued to or 2 the urethane has just let go due to poor fitting and not activating the glass and taking shortcuts. Have you had the screen replaced before? if you have it means who ever did it didnt do it propely there is no reason for it to rust if done right i.e appling primer to any scatches that may be caused when cutting the old screen. It is possible to get the glass out without breaking it its hard but possible!

ho w hard is hard , will any windscreen mob do this for me if i ask ,

the reason i askk is i can see any sighns of rust there at all

do you get a free windscreen replacement thru your insurance co? if so, maybe it's time for a new one...

Yeah just do what bods said... get it removed one day fix any rust and get it refitted another day. I do that sort of stuff all the time.

Back