HELP - Stalling after engine fit

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Computer swap?

I have just changed the cam sensor & it seems good so far at 84 degrees, I will let you know tomorrow as I will give it a good run tonight

if not I will try the ECU Tomorrow.........getting short of things to replace.....

regards
Rod

Sounds like something's happening with the glow plugs.

At around 80C give or take a few, the glow plugs are supposed to turn off. How good are the glows?

Try activating the glow relay manually (it's behind the battery near the headlight, nasty place to get to) and see if things improve.

good news..................well almost................

after changing the cam angle sensor all appears fine........kind of..........

I have let this car warm up & it hasn't stalled, I took it for a drive yesterday & all was perfect although it felt a little sluggish down low but that may be due to the larger wheels fitted to it or that I am use to driving a V8

all up I have travelled around 120 Kms in it, last night it didn't miss a beat, this morning as I was exiting the freeway & coming to a stop it stalled & again about 5 minutes later when I arrived at work I left it idling & it stalled again

I doubt the problem is related to the last issue as when it would stall in the past I would need to hold my foot flat to get it started & not all I do is flick the key & it purrs like a kitten

at least I am starting to get on top of it but my thoughts are running low..........

thanks for all the ideas guys, much appreciated

regards
Rod

If you have to hold your foot flat to the floor to get it started, then it HAS to be related to fuel flow. That points back to fuel lines/pump/SCV/pressure sender. It won't be a restriction on the inlet, because that would have the opposite effect to what you're experiencing (it would make it hard to get revs).

It might be the rail sensor not reading properly, and you'd notice that as either a distinct lack of black smoke (where you'd expect some) or an excess of smoke. A dirty or sticking SCV might cause some trouble but that's also usually the opposite of what you're experiencing (can't rev, but idles fine).

I'm just wondering if there's an air leak on the fuel line between the filter and the pump. If there is, at low fuel rates the proportion of air entering the line relative to the fuel being used is high, causing the actual amount of fuel in the chamber to be reduced which will cause it to stall. It will also cause it to be difficult to start unless you prime it first (try that?). At higher flow rates, the proportion of air entering the line will be less so performance will seem almost normal.

Latest posts

Back