HID with Halogen

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matstx

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Im after a few thoughts or opinions from all you lighting gurus. Im getting new lights for my Shrock bar and am still undecided what to get. I want to do Micks HID projectors on the headlights as we all know the lowbeam sucks on these utes. The spots Im looking at are the Fyrlyts or possibly a Baja designs light bar. What do you all think of mixing the HID headlights with a xenophot spottie or led lightbar. How will it affect colour and projection. Should I just keep it all HID.
Cheers.

Nar mix it but before spending big thing about what you need. No point seeing a km in front if you can't see the roo 30meters next to you

Last edited:
Mate I bought the Phillips +100% halogens and on low and high beam I found them a marked improvement on the standards. On the hid side just remember u can actually be fined if u haven't followed state regs in regards to them in the headlights. A mate with a lux had a discussion with me about it then 3 weeks later he turned up one day with a hundred and fifty fine and one point cause they were illegal. Was picked up on bruce hwy near nambour for rbt and they noticed his headlights

I'm no lighting guru but I to fitted the Philips 100plus bulbs with a really good improvement over stock. In fact $ for $ it's probably the best mod I've done so far.

As for HID's if you have them in the right projector housing made for HID's it would be a good thing. However if HID's are going into the standard headlight assembly you'll end up getting pinged and give all other the motorist the shits until you do.

When it comes to colour temperature, never been a big fan going to high. The smallest road sign can be blinding. The human eye has the best contrast in the middle of the visible light spectrum.

I'll leave the rest of the pros and cons to the gurus.

i put the Phillips 100plus' in as well and it made a huge difference. obviously nothing compared to HID but the best you can get while staying legal i guess.

Micks projector conversion would be awesome for light output as well as not blinding on coming traffic. I'm not 100% sure, but i still think his set up would not be ADR approved and still illegal in the eyes of law.

i don't think mixing HID spotlights and a light bar will effect the usable light. If you are worried about it, buy the light bar and find out the light temp and just buy the matching HID light temp.

Hey Guys,
Im after a few thoughts or opinions from all you lighting gurus. Im getting new lights for my Shrock bar and am still undecided what to get. I want to do Micks HID projectors on the headlights as we all know the lowbeam sucks on these utes. The spots Im looking at are the Fyrlyts or possibly a Baja designs light bar. What do you all think of mixing the HID headlights with a xenophot spottie or led lightbar. How will it affect colour and projection. Should I just keep it all HID.
Cheers.
You would be best off doing the projector retrofit first and then seeing if you even need a light bar. A lot of guys fit these and never worry about spotlights or light bars. I'm not one of them though as I love light. lol The Stanley projectors I sell are what's fitted in a lot of factory fitted HID lights. These put out a great spread and have a high beam better then most spotlights. My new ballast line also meet all OEM specs and get be legally used as a replacement in most new cars (factory fitted HIDs). I wanted a ballast that would do everything an OEM ballast would do but with my own options added. They are custom built to my specs with full warm up time in 3 seconds (OEM requirement), canbus built in (no computer errors), 450mm long ballast cord, D2 plug already on ballast, totally water proof, internal igniters, slim line and can run on 12 and 24 volts.

As for the legal side of it most aftermarket headlight bulbs are even illegal. Pretty much any mod to headlights are illegal but most cars that aren't straight off the show room floor can be defected for one thing or another.

I've actually fitted these kits to coppers personal cars so they don't seem have dramas with Projector HID. They only get pissed off with the half assed plug and play kits thrown in reflectors with there fully sick blue bulbs. lol

It's all about doing it correctly, neatly and making them look OEM which it something I've pretty much got spot on. That is why after selling over 200 kits now I haven't had any of my customers get defected from my OEM looking set ups. I'm sure if they where I'd have heard of it by now. lol

If you want your headlights blackened out, Devils eyes, angel eyes, LED strips etc well that's where you run the risk of getting defected.

Cheers Mick

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back