How many Klm per tank

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Best is about 620 k for 63 litres about 10.2 that's with a constant 400+ kg of accessories and full. Single cab canopy heaps of engine mods on a zd30 with 128k

Sounds good as mate!! That's good as economy for that amount of weight

Jarryd

I generally get around 640-650 out of a tank full to empty (litereally empty last week as I managed to run out of fuel on the driveway at home).

I have a D40 ST wth the 2.5TD,steel bullbar and hard cover. 8k on the clock and mostly driving around town with one trip per week on the freeway (115kph)

Sounds good as mate!! That's good as economy for that amount of weight

Jarryd

Thanks mate. Yer you would be surprised how much weight pile on when you start to add things. Eg winch bar brush bars rock sliders full hd steel tray canopy 20l methanol container dual battery 31x10.5 ect the economy goes to 11- 11.2 around 90% town driving

Just to add to the thread...

Just had 32" BFG A/t's fitted last Wednesday (before I had the factory size 29's on the stock DX rims).

Before the new tyres would always get 10km/litre (according to the cars odo).

Just got home yesterday after a run to Melb and back (2000 round trip).

Now down to 9.1km/litre (according to odometer) but actually 9.6 according to GPS (sitting on 110 the whole way down and back).

Interestingly the speedo is now spot on, but odo is out by about 6%, which I was expecting given the difference in tyre diameter.

I'm still running the factory exhaust and haven't done anything with the EGR but that will change in the next month, so I'm looking forward to an improvement there.

I decided to drive like a nana for a whole tank. It makes so much difference. Fuel light came on at 680km. Filled up with 62litres. What's that...9.1L per 100km? Usually I would be looking at filling up at about 600 and the best I had ever got previously was 623km before the fuel light came on.
Looks like nana driving is the way to go. I can't wait to get my chip and see how much difference that makes.

I have a 2008 2.5ltr Nav and just did 750k's and the warning light had not come on yet.

I have a 2008 2.5ltr Nav and just did 750k's and the warning light had not come on yet.

I often think when my engine gives up that I will drop in a 2.5 instead of the zd30 just for the great fuel economy. Might have to look into some 2.5 reviews. Or maybe a V8, depends on my mood.

zd30, 500k max normally , 400k during the week with work trailer.

have u got as snorkel i put one on and i get beta fuel from that. i got 610K to the fuel light over the wk end. that was mostly highway driving but loaded with camping gear and plus u would have about 20k werth of cruising round the beach and bush finding fishing spots. i only eva used to get the best fuel be for the snorkel was on 10.5LP 100k but now ive had it down to 10.2 thats my best so far

I often think when my engine gives up that I will drop in a 2.5 instead of the zd30 just for the great fuel economy. Might have to look into some 2.5 reviews. Or maybe a V8, depends on my mood.

Tyre size makes a difference stock tyres afaik anyway don't give you an accurate distance measured on the odometer.

V8 and fuel economy don't go together. Before my Navs I had a VS ute 5.0 ltr. Around town ks was about 300ks and hwy would get max 550ks. I did drive like mad man though. Lol

Av fuel consumption on the 70 series v8 is like 10-12L/100km with the 180L tanks thats some serious range.

Tyre size makes a difference stock tyres afaik anyway don't give you an accurate distance measured on the odometer.

i think you'll find the odometer is pretty accurate, its just the speedo that is out. the android torque program with an obd adaptor shows the ecu parameters and you can also add gps speedo on torque. i've done this going down the freeway and the speed reading the ecu was seeing was less than 1km/h different at 100km/h (110 indicated on the speedo) compared to gps speed. it was similar at lower speeds but its harder to maintain lower speeds around here because of the hills. at least the freeway is fairly flat so you can sit on a constant speed.

this leads me to believe the odometer is accurate with stock tyres, just the speedo needle calibration is way out, i don't see any reason why they can't get it closer especially with all the electronics in cars these days, it's pretty silly that the adr's still say within 10%...

Mines just clicked over 172K and will easily get 600km to a tank no probs. On long trips on the black stuff, 700+. Thats sitting at about 95/just under a 100km/h with sensible gear/rev changes. Have not done much city driving, but certainly notice it when I do. Towing a boat & trailer - thats another story!

My D22 is pretty well stock standard engine wise. I run 245 Geo's and only at around 35psi to get good even wear - could certainly go higher for a bit more economy, but 600km to a tank - cant complain much.

Latest posts

Back