How many of us have boats or like fishing?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you own a boat?

• Yes a tinny

Votes: 70 29.2%
  • yes a bigger one

Votes: 83 34.6%
  • no but I would like one

Votes: 63 26.3%
  • No way never again

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Dont need one for the fishing I do

Votes: 19 7.9%

• Total voters
Nice flathead Joe I grew up going to port welshpool every easter late 70,s early 80,s. Jumping off the jetty, Floundering who said that

I am in the throws of setting up a little tinnie to slide on top the camper trailer. it is an Aqumaster 3.6 and have a Suzie 9.9 not a flash rig but gets me on the dams as I enjoy the freshwater fishing bass, barra, lures and fly. Just trying to sort a set of wheels to tow tinnie from campgrounds to ramp. Really enjoy getting up to Awoonga to chase those big mummas. Ahhhh one day I'll hook up.

WayneD4T

I've had a tinny since early teens ... 12 Foot Quintrex "FishNipper" with a 15hp Merc outboard. Use it all the time for a bit of crabbing / squiding and easy to tow when going away. I've also got a 5.2M Haines Signature Bowrider (130Hp Yammy) ... still use this for fishing (when I can be bothered doing more post fish cleaning) and a bit of skiiing and cruising around with family and friends during summer.

I must say ... although I enjoy taking the bigger boat out, it's much more cleaning up (to keep it the way I like it) as opposed to a quick hose out when I take out the tinny.

I used to have a Camero Nordic Ski Boat with 383 Chevy ... cost me a fortune in constant repairs - I can thoroughly recommend an "all rounder" suitable for skiiing with an O/Board over a ski boat unless you are hard-core into your skiing.

just got back tonight from PP bay and bagged out on snapper in just over an hour..
ended up throwing a few back and stopped fishing all together..
we stick to our bag limits,not like some that keep on filling up the esky...
they ranged from 1kg to just under 4kg...and not another boat in sight..
it was a bit lumpy going out from Carrum,but it got better by the hour...
lot of dirty water geting washed out,but the barrometer was "right" and it showed in our catch...
gota love snapper fishing..

photo.jpg

mate went back to the same spot on friday arvo and got another 30-40 snapper in under 3 hours..
only kept their bag limit and released the rest..
the biggest went close to 7kg..

Jeez that's a good effort!

I've been playing around with poppers chasing whiting, it is hard work but hugely rewarding when you hook up. I have got three whiting so far. Loving it!

i will post pic of the big one tomorrow..
i have read about whiting on poppers,but that would work mainly in shallow water..
some of our whiting spots here are in much deeper water so i dont think they will rise to the surface..

do you guys in QLD get a lot of snapper like we do here in season?

Yeah I haven't really targeted them myself but I believe if you put the effort in in the winter months they are quite plentiful.

The whiting on poppers were all in about a foot of water!

Nice fish Joe,i caught three pinkies fishing at Ricketts point last tuesday arvo,all from my kayak.Fished at the Howqua this weekend flicking lures,got this one this morning,48cm,1.15 kg.

PB120593.jpg

Nice fish Ian, I have never had a go for them, would like to though one day.

I got this one a couple of weeks ago, my first cobia and first metre fish!

sdc10798.jpg

nice brown,Ian,were you fishing off the bank?
is that at your "fave" spot?

Matt.did you keep it? what are they like on the tooth?

Matt.did you keep it? what are they like on the tooth?

Yeah sure did. Nice clear flesh, I made sure I cut out all the blood lines as they are supposed to ruin the taste. I am generally not a fan of the pelagics but I really enjoyed this one. Got a fair few feeds off it too!

Back