Information on Fyrlyte driving lights

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Navaraman

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've tried to search for a post on fyrlyte driving lights, but couldn't find anything.

Could anyone tell me if they have used or heard anything about fyrlyte driving lights and how they compare to other lights?

http://fyrlyt.com/

Cheers

Got any prices on those things?

The one thing all driving lights ads fail to address is that driving in the bush and driving on country roads is not about how far you can shoot light, it's about how they are set up to show you what you are at most risk of hitting. Frying a big red into submission at 1000m is hardly useful if they don't give you the right light to see the big red that is on the side of the road at 30 meters because the one at 30m is the one you are going to hit, the one up further is likely to have moved before you reach it unless you are driving like a moron.

Using spread beams does go a ways to improving the usefulness of a light but from the point of view of someone who's done more than a million kilometers on country roads at night it's not about the brand of lights it's about how they are used which protects you the most.

Can't help but wonder if the "buy in singles" makes the price a bit unrealistic given they way they are talking them up and anyone can sprout lumens to make a light sound good (back in the 90's it was candlepower) but they do look interesting if the price is reasonable.

Follow this link for the image Krafty http://fyrlyt.com/#/the-light/4549651183

There is a link for a catalogue for them showing the beam spread and distance http://fyrlyt.com/#/catalogue/4556114513

Also I rang a supplier in Melbourne, the price of the light is $290 per light, he has had really good reviews on them, but the only bad point on the light is that the bolt is only an alan key and isn't a locking bolt like you can get with the light force lights. I am assuming that you would be able to source anti theft bolts that you could fit?

Let me know what you think

Cheers

Having created ads for different things over my time I know 'he with the best BS wins the sale' and unfortunately for me that means I read a lot of ads with skepticism, but these guys do at least get it right in one aspect of their catalogue "it's not about how far you can see"

I'm not sure their $290 each makes them more affordable (or better cost per watt or whatever other catchphrase they want to use) but I'd definitely look at them before buying a set of HID's and probably look a lot more seriously at them before buying a set of LED's. It's just a pity pictures on a website are not a good comparison and one really does have to see with their own eyes in the environment they want to use them as to which lights are really better.

Looks to me like anti-theft bolts would go in the mounts, they don't appear to be anything special in that area. Probably cheap security for those who want it.

Was there any prices on the globes? Did I read somewhere in all that text that the globes were "cheap to replace"?

Yeh apparently the globes are cheaper to replace, but I have not seen the actual $$ amount on them are or what the longevity of the globe is. Which will obviously be a contributing factor.

The guy in Melbourne has got a set so I am looking at trying to get out and have a look at them.

Obviously I haven't seen any around, so I am sceptical of there performance especially when a set of lightforce genesis with locking nuts are about the same cost and light force has got a good reputation from the research I have done. Any input would be great.

See if you can get some pics if you do get a chance to look at them.

If I was these guys (or anyone selling lights) I'd hook up two sets of lights side by side, one set of the competitors and one set of mine and take customers out at night and show them how good they are against the competitors. If they are as good as they say they will "out shine" :rofl2: the competitors and it will be easy to see.

Anyway back to the reviews from those who have them :big_smile:

Would love to get someone opinion. Other then sales hype. Been most of the tracks i drive are tight sharp drop offs. I really dont need too a million kms in front. Even the highway driving i do anything more the 500m would almost be a waste

Latest posts

Back