Installed all the interior door light switches.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vornar

Reaction score
Hey Guys.

Pretty rainy day down here in Victoria today, so i decided to install door switches for my interior light. It was really bugging me that only the drivers door would light it up.

The first thing i did was purchase the original switches from Nissan when i had it serviced last week. The 3 switches were $117 and the 3 rubber boots were 42.00. Bloody expensive, but call me anal, i like the original look.

Very easy install, there is one white wire going to the drivers door switch, i spliced a line into it and sent it to the back door to another switch, then under the carpet in front of the rear seat to the passenger side where i did it all again. I have attached a 3 pics. One is where i spliced into the original wire, one is the switches and rubber covers and their part numbers, one is the female spade terminals i used to attached the wire to the switch, fits perfectly.

I must say the hardest part was getting the wire to the rear door switches. I ran it down inside the sill to keep it neat. To do this i took the seat belt unit out of the B Pillar and ran the wire through a 20mm hole in the base of the B Pillar directly where the seatbelt unit sits.

Do this mod fellas, it cost me 160 bucks and two hours in the shed.

Attachments

• IMAG0101.jpg
    IMAG0101.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 1,603
  • IMAG0100.jpg
    IMAG0100.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 1,646
  • IMAG0102.jpg
    IMAG0102.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 1,320
Good work, I would of told the dealer to get stuffed for the price of the switches.

I would of went to the wreckers.

Dave.

Hey Guys.

Pretty rainy day down here in Victoria today, so i decided to install door switches for my interior light. It was really bugging me that only the drivers door would light it up.

The first thing i did was purchase the original switches from Nissan when i had it serviced last week. The 3 switches were $117 and the 3 rubber boots were 42.00. Bloody expensive, but call me anal, i like the original look.

Very easy install, there is one white wire going to the drivers door switch, i spliced a line into it and sent it to the back door to another switch, then under the carpet in front of the rear seat to the passenger side where i did it all again. I have attached a 3 pics. One is where i spliced into the original wire, one is the switches and rubber covers and their part numbers, one is the female spade terminals i used to attached the wire to the switch, fits perfectly.

I must say the hardest part was getting the wire to the rear door switches. I ran it down inside the sill to keep it neat. To do this i took the seat belt unit out of the B Pillar and ran the wire through a 20mm hole in the base of the B Pillar directly where the seatbelt unit sits.

Do this mod fellas, it cost me 160 bucks and two hours in the shed.

Good work.

I did the mod to add the LHF Door only. Should be standard all round from the factory. Silly that a 2010 vehicle would have a courtesy light for the driver only.

Will be interesting in the future as these ST-R ' S that have had these mods done make their way back for resale as some will have Drivers door only,Front doors and all doors wired and all look factory!.

Regards
Greg

Good work mate, thanks you have saved me abit of time.
i just bought mine of Gary at Nizbits and was having a look at it all during the week wondering where to start...

cheers

I'd go to the cops and have NISSAN charges with blackmail. $159 for things that they forgot to install?? Criminal.

Nice work tho!

Can tell you, my Dec 2011 Build still only has the Drivers Door Switch, thinking of doing the same and wiring up the 3 other doors as well

jafo i will be doin the same thing to mine which is a 2011 july build and thanks for the pics too. will certainly help however not payin those prices

G'day new to the forum, Just looking at the wiring diagram now, did fiting all the doors with switches affect the headlight buzzer. Eg. headlights are on and passenger door opens does the buzzer go off or not? and hutch, how much did you pay for the switches from Nizzbits if you dont mind me asking?
Cheers

My drivers door doesn't turn my interior light on when opening ,hasn't since I've had the car which was second hand . What would be the best way to test where the problem is ? All interior lights work by manually turning them on. Does the drivers door activate the rear light or the map light in a d40 dual cab?

My drivers door doesn't turn my interior light on when opening ,hasn't since I've had the car which was second hand . What would be the best way to test where the problem is ? All interior lights work by manually turning them on. Does the drivers door activate the rear light or the map light in a d40 dual cab?

Nakkers you probably have a faulty switch its easy to test unscrew switch there should be a plug just unplug the switch and using a multimeter test continuity between the pin and the bare metal you can see (where the screw was) if you get a open even while operating the switch you have a faulty switch if it tests good it might be your wiring. If it is your swicth just go to the wreckers and get any nissan door switch there all the same.
hope this helps.

Similar switch less than $2 at super cheap.
I bought switches expecting the loom wires to be behind the blanks. Very disappointed.
Will be in the shed this weekend doing this mod!

Bj. I'm going to super cheap this weekend.
I just put an alarm in with auto door lockers and it shits me. I have to open the drivers door and then put the kids in otherwise the car re-arms and the alarm goes off. Painful

Yea, all up I think it cost me around $30 all up. 3x Switches from Central Coast 4x4 Wreckers, some wire and plugs from Jaycar and about 3hrs to pull seats out, run wires and connect up and refit everything.

Nice to have lights come on for any of the 4 doors opened now and helps to trigger car alarm to

Great idea I finally got around to doing this and it's bloody fantastic total cost $2 entry into my wreckers and 3free switches

Latest posts

Back