leaf spring and diff

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jockyboy

Reaction score
Hi again guy's

is it right if i get more leaf springs will it take the diff higher, sorry i'm pretty new to this.
i have d40 can i get a body lift i have been told i can't.

i was told if i get bigger tyres it would do damage to clutch , i have 2 inch spacers and shackles and 265/71r56? i think.

would the car be able to fit 32's on it or is this a bad idea

The only way to get the diff higher is with bigger tyres.
You can get a body lift, but it depends what state you are in.
A suspension lift will allow bigger tyres but I'm not sure if 32's would fit without a suspension lift and body lift combo.
Someone with more knowledge will be able to fill in the other details soon.

i live in western austraila. i have been told if i get bigger tyres it will cause damage to my clutch or gear box? well nissan clutches are crap anyhow had 2 in 60k

with really big tires you change the gearing. so take off will be harder and you will abuse the clutch more.
however the difference between 31's and 33's is not all that much.

will it be the same if i put 31s on mate, it it do damage to the clutch or anything else.
could i put 31s on with my 2" body lift just now, it is spacers and shackls, or will it hit the front and make it not turn the wheel.

jocky boy

I have 32s on the stock factory alloys and have standard suspension. No problems for me... I might add if you have replaced 2 clutches within 60k then you are either towing pretty regularly or you are harsh on your clutch. i have 85k and still the original clutch, still going like a new one. So i might suggest that if you ran 33s, or 35s for that matter, you will burn clutches out even quicker. Maybe upgrade it next time? ie convert to single mass flywheel if you have a manual...

Lots of answers on here mate, just go looking for them. Check wheels and tyres in the D40 section...

Hi morticus

after i got first clutch well my mate at nissan told me that the clutches are shit i didn't believe him but he was right, i have mentioned on site before when i got 2nd one and one of the members agreed and he had a dodgy clutch.
i was spewing so i google up nissan navara clutch probs.

do u guys get the d40 fitted with a dual mass flywheel,if you do thatll be the problem they dont like any heavy use an knacker up easily,some people change back to solid flywheel/normal clutch set up but others wory about deviating away from what nissan fitted so down to personal choice!

Yeah i think when people have a manual and are towing heavy loads, they usually change their clutch over to the single mass flywheel. I dont really tow anything, and im pretty easy on mine so im hoping mine holds up. In saying that, if the clutch was to go kapoot, id look at putting the single mass in, as they seem to have less problems. But it all depends how hard you are on your clutch... I know someone who drives a BT-50, he burned through 2 clutches within 50k... So nissan got in the car with him to see how he drives. Turns out he doesnt use first gear, and told the mechanic he doesnt need to cause its got lots of power. Simple outcome? Warranty Voided.

Latest posts

Back