led light bars

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maccad40

Reaction score
hi all

Just had a chat to my old man who's a truck driver and he was wondering if by law do you need to get a pair of spot lights on the front of your car or a pair of what ever instead of having a single long led bar.

Has any body had any problems from the cops regarding having a pair of lights or not cheers.

hi all Just had a chat to my old man who's a truck driver and he was wondering if by law do you need to get a pair of spot lights on the front of your car or a pair of what ever instead of having a single long led bar. Has any body had any problems from the cops regarding having a pair of lights or not cheers.
that is correct mate you can get done for it even tho they aren't not that full on about it but the law is lights should be in pairs. As for light bars you can always put some electrical tape down then center of it so it looks like 2. Comes down to if they have met their quota for the day and or they are in a shit mode to pin ya for it

^ as above.

The law currently states lights must be in pairs (except on motorcycles). This is changing, I heard that NSW is in the process of revising their law because of the popularity of light bars. I think Qld has already released an update relating to light bars.

A Ballarat Victoria transport company was getting pinged in south australia for lightbars on its trucks, all by the same copper. They complained higher up the chain and the tickets stopped. That said I've had mine on for about 7 months and not an issue. And that's running all around victoria and up and down the highways including long weekends and touch wood not a problem.

Found a discreet spot to mount a 540mm light bar today. Bolted through the metal reinforcing behind the bumper. The number plate had to be lifted an inch, no biggie as I'm going to get slim plates when I head back up north.
Fingers were almost frozen by the time I installed.

Attachments

• IMG_1237 (1280x960).jpg
    IMG_1237 (1280x960).jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 112

Latest posts

Back