LED Light Bars

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would assume that with proper ADR approvals it would be fine. The law is a progressive thing, and something which generally stays the same until such time as it is challenged. As these LED light bars are relatively new, our laws would not accommodate them yet. If by some remote chance you did get fined for it, I would be fairly confident that you could successfully have the fine revoked under reasonable circumstances, and might go as far as having the legislation revised to accommodate them.

I'd hate to be the gunea pig to go to bat to have the law changed ... it'll be a big hassle to say the least.

I reckon it should be the importers that lobby to have the law changed, so that their customers can legally install the LED bars on their vehicles.

I like what Krafty wrote ... count the number of lights in the LED set, if its an even number, then the lights are in pairs .... BUT
then i think there are some limitations on how many lights your may have on the front of your vehicle - i've heard it said only 4 lights facing forward ...

But the LED is a single light unit (made up of pairs of little leds), and then you have a set of factory driving lights (that is a total count of 3 light units)
thus it becomes a catch22 situation ... :rant:

There is a left side and a right side to every LED bar, therefore i would consider there being 2 groups of pairs ...

does that sound convincing ?

I seem to remember up to a certain size (8inch or so) you get to choose spot or flood, then any of the bigger ones are half spot/half flood, hence in a pair in my opinion.

Matt: yeah mate, throw light way further than a set of HID spotties, seem to have a way of getting the light to bend around things too, so no shadows, probably because they are so wide. All in all, a very cool product

Last edited:
hey could someone give me a measurement of a ARB delux bull bar center section to see what size i would fit these lights im guessin 40" would fit but i need confirmation due to my bar has arrive yet. i think they are very good product soild build ,

Thank you

Latest posts

Back