Lift kit problem PLEASE HELP

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAY91

Reaction score
Hey guys
Today I got my car lifted 2" by a place in Thomastown really nice people and help full
They said I had to get wheel alignment
So as I left I noticed that my front tyres (32") where still rubbing when on almost full lock like I had on my stock suspension and the ass was higher then the front, so I thought maybe just wind the torsion bars up a little and will fix it. So I took it too a tyre shop which I'm not going to name, and asked the guy can you wind the front up a bit as my tyres are rubbing and give it a wheel alignment, he said know worries be done in 45 so I left for a bit then came back, car looked mad nice and high. As I I pulled out I didn't notice any rubbing on front tyres (beautiful) But Then I went over a bump and my front started bouncing and now It is crazy it makes me sick like I'm on a f*$&#n boat and I hate boats, it's more like driving a car with no Springs and it's just on shocks it's crazy I can't stand it.

WTF have they done
I measured the front and back and it's 970mm both ways from ground to top of wheel arch.
Is this normal will they settle?

Last edited:
Sounds like the shocks are stuffed or not connected. If it's bouncing around it sounds like its riding on the torsion bars alone. Also check that you have some gap between the bump stops otherwise you will only get one direction of travel.

Cheers. Brad.

It would drive like shit ! Are u sure your 970mm is right I have a body lift and a 3 inch lift with 32s and that's how high mine is with only 20mm gap In the bump stops ? Not trying to be a smart ass just just doesn't seem to be right ! As much as u don't like the look of it being higher in the back it's for a reason 20mm is ideal. That's just my input I'd say u are on the bump stops if u wind it back down it will help heaps invest in calmini uca's and then try it again. Good luck

hey its 970mm from ground to top of wheel arch i just double checked
It would drive like shit ! Are u sure your 970mm is right I have a body lift and a 3 inch lift with 32s and that's how high mine is with only 20mm gap In the bump stops ? Not trying to be a smart ass just just doesn't seem to be right ! As much as u don't like the look of it being higher in the back it's for a reason 20mm is ideal. That's just my input I'd say u are on the bump stops if u wind it back down it will help heaps invest in calmini uca's and then try it again. Good luck

problem solved, its on the bump stops and looks to me like there squashed to the shit, so obviously the tyre place has no clue what they are doing

thanks for your help
Sounds like the shocks are stuffed or not connected. If it's bouncing around it sounds like its riding on the torsion bars alone. Also check that you have some gap between the bump stops otherwise you will only get one direction of travel.

Cheers. Brad.

Attachments

• 20140731_194853.jpg
    20140731_194853.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 248
i didnt say anything bad about the spring joint, i did say that they where very help full and nice people, thats the reason i said i wasn't naming the tyre place.

so for people not to assume i was "name and shame" them i removed there company name
upgrade your torsion bars

WTF @ pic name and shame mate...that's terrible

Last edited:
problem solved, its on the bump stops and looks to me like there squashed to the shit, so obviously the tyre place has no clue what they are doing thanks for your help

That's a shocker mate. They should know better being a wheel alignment place.

image-2728489159.jpg

Get yourself a set of these

image-736388370.jpg

As storm83 said. Get them direct from the states from calmini. Great service and pretty fast. Also far cheaper than getting them here in oz. They are not that hard to fit, the hardest part is popping the ball joints. And they will suit a 2" lift.

i didnt say anything bad about the spring joint, i did say that they where very help full and nice people, thats the reason i said i wasn't naming the tyre place.

so for people not to assume i was "name and shame" them i removed there company name

the whole idea of word of mouth is to name companies like this one so others don't get bitten
that is simply ridiculous and unsafe to wheel align a car when its riding on the bump stops as shown in your pic

awesome, i will be defiantly be looking into it once i sort out this current issue.
not to sound like a dick but what does the UCA do and the benefits i will get from it

thanks in advance
As storm83 said. Get them direct from the states from calmini. Great service and pretty fast. Also far cheaper than getting them here in oz. They are not that hard to fit, the hardest part is popping the ball joints. And they will suit a 2" lift.

Calmini uca's and idler arm brace straight from the states $510 aus to your door is what I payed !

I PAID $710 AUS 5 WKS AGO THRU PAYPAL FOR THE SAME PARTS,2-3 YRS AGO JUST FOR UCAs WAS $540 TO YOUR DOOR, BEST CHECK YOUR RECEIPT OLD COCK!

I PAID $710 AUS 5 WKS AGO THRU PAYPAL FOR THE SAME PARTS,2-3 YRS AGO JUST FOR UCAs WAS $540 TO YOUR DOOR, BEST CHECK YOUR RECEIPT OLD COCK!

Qld cock ? Wtf ! And u wonder why some many people are one post wonders , you share All your knowledge and wisdom then ya ****ing smart ass

Calmini uca's and idler arm brace straight from the states $510 aus to your door is what I payed !

Here is the receipt my apologies $622 from now on big gus will sort everyone's problems out ill go back to keeping to myself, better things to do with my life then being argumentative over this shit .image.jpg

ok well ill be definitely be looking into them, seems like its a good investment to have.

just went outside and took some pics of the car during the day
the pictures speak for them selfs on how much this guy knows and could have possibly damaged my shock.

arrow indicating that the uca is sitting against the shock

same thing with this pic

what bump stop

and again
Upper control arms will give you more travel and a better wheel alignment

you need to gring away a bit of your uca to clear shockies, common issue
the bloke who done your ute is a fkin tool, sry I hate seeing people been taken for a ride

alright so ill have to give it a grind, but that would also have to be the place that did the alignments fault aswell cause its on the bump stops.

I have never had a problem with the place ive always gone there for tyres now this shit happens, ticks me off
you need to gring away a bit of your uca to clear shockies, common issue
the bloke who done your ute is a fkin tool, sry I hate seeing people been taken for a ride

Latest posts

Back