*MELB*Anzac Weekend

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right so
Ian has maps and beer
Jase you've got sharp objects - frighteningly high on the list
I also went out today and bought.........Maps and beer.

Righto see yas there!

Going to do the run around tomorrow
Will have 20L extra diesel
tent and bag for zzzz's
Esky full of aforementioned beer.
Eating utensils and the MSR stove for boiling water for coffee etc
Chainsaw
Warm clothing including beanie.
Tea and coffee.
2 stills cameras and the video camera.
Laptop for viewing and editing days adventures - Also want to see if 3G broadband will work from there and post up as we go!

Now foodstuffs.
I can head to our Butcher tomorrow arvo and pick up some meat.
Ideas for a menu at all?
Bacon and eggs for breakfast goes without saying
Lunch? How about we just do bread rolls - Ham cheese tomato ETC
Dinner? Have either of you got a cast iron camp oven? If so I can pick up some lamb and veges plus some instant gravy for one dinner. And maybe some BBQ standards ( snags and chops ) plus extras to tide us over.
Corn and spuds in foil done in the fire with a packet pasta done both nights is simple.
Here's the kicker though I haven't been camping in years so what do you guys have to cook this sort of gear?

8:30am at Yarck?

I have a camp oven,it's not a very big one though but have fed three out of it,the gas stove,1 fry pan,1 pot,tongs,cutlery,plates ,bowl,mug.gas light,bringing the fridge.
About a dozen snags,2 steaks.A roll of salami.
Small table,chair.
A big tarp in case it rains,no poles,i usually tie it to trees.
Chainsaw.

I have a skillet and a dutch oven, but they're only small .
I'm not fussed on the dinner menu, I'll let you come up with some culinary delights, I can grab some ham, cheese, salami, etc and rolls for lunch on Sat. I'll grab some spuds and tin foil too.
Just keep a note on what you spend and will split the bill 3 ways?

Should we take a fishing rod?

Alright then
Jase. Ingredients to bung into bread rolls for lunch.
Ian. Condiments and the meat as mentioned above
I'll get a lamb joint to chuck in the oven, some bacon and eggs, some additional bangers and some chops. A bag of spuds, a few ears of corn and some greens.
BYO munchies.
Will also be bringing 20L of water.

So what time are we meeting and is it still Yarck Hotel?

Alright then
Jase. Ingredients to bung into bread rolls for lunch.
Ian. Condiments and the meat as mentioned above
I'll get a lamb joint to chuck in the oven, some bacon and eggs, some additional bangers and some chops. A bag of spuds, a few ears of corn and some greens.
BYO munchies.
Will also be bringing 20L of water.

So what time are we meeting and is it still Yarck Hotel?

I'm good for Yark pub @ 8:30, Might grab some ice creams for desert, Probably wont need to freeze them as it's going to be a cold weekend.

Well guy's I'm pretty much loaded up ready to go. (finished work early today).

Discovered that one of those sticks I ran over last weekend was still lodged on top of the gearbox, On closer inspection it has hit the fuel lines, may need to replace a small section, and pierced through the gearbox boot. I had to do a repair with some super glue and silicon, should be OK until I find a replacement.

Weather is looking a bit ordinary over my way, being raining pretty heavy for the last few hours. Hopefully clears up a bit for tomorrow.

Anyone got snow chains?

I'm almost packed,well everything going in the tub is done.
Just got to do the stuff going in the cab,which is not alot.
Snow chains are in the tub and i bought a drag chain today as well.

got in at 18:20
Running round like a blue arse fly.
Been shopping.
1kg snags
1kg Bacon
1 lamb joint
eggs
3 ears of corn
6 potatoes
green beens
carrots
mixed herbs
gravy
tin foil

Will need to source in the morning unless you blokes have it
Salt and pepper
Butter
Bread
Sauce
Ice <----very important

Jase you've got lunch sorted?

Just finished emptying the rig and started loading. Got heaps of warm gear and spares in case of "inclement" weather.
4 different kinds of battery chargers and the inverter. Cameras are all laid out. Thats about it I suppose. Just waiting on Pizza to arrive then load it all in.
I'm like a piddly puppy this is going to be a sensational trip no matter what the weather or outcome!

I've got sauce and butter, no salt or pepper though. Have ham, cheese salami, and tomato for lunch, I'll get some rolls and a couple of loaves of bread from the bakery at Yarra Glen.

Got salt and pepper,steak seasoning and steak sauce,mint sauce and lamb herbs for the lamb,marge,milk,curried sausages sauce,doritos,dip,mustard,firelighters,lollies,sultanas,2 litres of red,slab,whisky cans.
Few other bits and peices.
Chuck all that in the ute in the morning and i'm ready to roll.

Latest posts

Back