*MELB*Anzac Weekend

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nearly there.
All batteries are charging. Keys are in the fridge on top of food so I don't forget it.
Have to head down the back shed and grab both tents - I set one up a few weeks ago and it was sound but I cant remember which one it was so I'm going to pick my way through a weeks worth of doggy mines and get both.

Well,home and unpacked,knackered.What a great weekend,thanks guys.
Had a ball,great banter,tracks,river crossings,camp fires,camp oven sunday roast,fantastic coffee's,rain,sun,grog.The high country is a spectacular place.

Bindaree falls,flowing fast.
P4240123.jpg

P4240124.jpg

Aido collecting some fire wood at the first night camp site.
P4240130.jpg

Our camp site at Wonnangatta valley
P4250135.jpg

Last edited:
Good views from Wombat range track.
P4250138.jpg

Movie of Aido crossing the Howqua.

Movie of Aido and then Jason crossing the wonnangatta.

Hey guys,
Did you stop at Sale for a pub lunch?
I stopped in Taralgon at Macca's, I waited 20mins or so, must have missed you guy's or not waited long enough. Couldn't raise you on the radio, nearly fell asleep, so I decided to just keep going. Next time I"ll remeber to get your mobile number!

Sorry Jase.
Diverted around Sale. Turned right about 5k's before and popped out the other side to avoid the lights and all. You had gotten ahead and weren't on the air. So we were probably ahead of you.

Up at Bluff hut the weather was a little cool.

wonnangatta028.jpg

The greatest view in all of Victoria had been switched off. The Bluff.
wonnangatta030.jpg

Entering the Wonnangatta Valley.
wonnangatta043.jpg

wonnangatta063.jpg

wonnangatta058.jpg

wonnangatta048.jpg

The rainbow over the site of the old Wonnangatta Homestead. The most remote cattle station in Vic.
wonnangatta081.jpg

The fellas ditch the D40's and take to foot
wonnangatta078.jpg

Last edited:
Heres the low down from the Hoe down.
We met up as planned at the Yark Hotel in reasonably damp conditions. Headed towards Mansfield where we made a last stop for supplies and overheard some locals in the main street say that they had received 33mm of rain overnight. "What are we doing?" was the collective thought as it was still coming down. Onions and plastic pants purchased we headed of towards Buller. Aired down at Merimba and turned left onto the dirt. Up past Telephone Junction and onto Bindaree track. Stopped to see Bindaree falls in full force and stood underneath them. Awesome. (plastic pants and jackets mandatory!). Back to the vehicles and as we headed off was surprised to see a Mazda 6 giving Jason the hurry up down this wet and rough road. Hire car perhaps?:big_smile:
First river crossing was across the Howqua which was moving quite fast and depth unknown. Ian pulled back and let me go first because I had a snorkel. Have to say I was fair crapping myself as I ventured forth with snatch strap attached in case of mis-fortune. This was to be the deepest water crossing I had done to date, same goes for Ian. By the end of the weekend though we were pro's! Done it with ease.
From there it was onwards and upwards to bluff Hut where the weather was fairly miserable (as can be seen by the mist). Some had chosen to camp up there and also as we found further along in some more vulnerable places where they looked absolutely miserable. At this point I was wondering what was in store for our campsite later in the day!
Continued onto The Bluff where we admired where the view had been and then sloshed our way down King Billy Track.
Relatively easy to negotiate just very sloshy and slow going. In some places it resembled a creek with the water flowing down it. Reaching the bottom of this track we came to an creek crossing with a decent clearing that we claimed for the night. Turned out to be ideal as we were deep in the valley away from the wind and only had to put up with occasional showers. Managed to get a decent fire going with wet timber. Had a few refreshments with curried sausages and told a few stories before turning in.
That was day one.

now just a quick question the d40s in the pics how did they fend on the tracks and water crossings ? did they have lift kits ? ps shatted i did put my hand up to come

I'll let the fellas fend that one.
But in my opinion. Very well. I have changed my view point on them after this weekend. I had considered them a little too soft and precious before but they didn't have a problem and handled everything well. We didn't have any hang ups or difficulty anywhere.

now just a quick question the d40s in the pics how did they fend on the tracks and water crossings ? did they have lift kits ? ps shatted i did put my hand up to come

Mine only has bash plates,2 inch lift and bigger more agressive rubber.
If it didn't have these i would do alot of damage on these tracks.
The side steps cop a flogging and i had to wire one back onto the bracket before it fell off.They are going this week.
The main restriction to the vehicle is driver ability.:big_smile:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back