*MELB*Anzac Weekend

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
now just a quick question the d40s in the pics how did they fend on the tracks and water crossings ? did they have lift kits ? ps shatted i did put my hand up to come

My D40 has a 25mm body lift and approx 65mm suspension lift and 265/75 tyres. I'm running king front springs XHD and a hybrid rear spring I put together myself still pretty heavy duty. Bilstein shocks all round.
I set mine up for long distance desert travelling, I have a fairly low slung fuel tank guard that caused me a few hassles dragging over the wash away humps( ripped off tonight), but otherwise I'm fairly happy to attack most tracks, deep ruts can cause problems but otherwise a D40 will get you to most places.
I may be wrong, but from the glance I've had at Aido's D22 front end, I'm guessing the D40 has more articulation?
Ian (AKA Navarian) has Ironman, he can tell you more about his set up, but front what I could see, it soaked up the bumps the best of both trucks, but its longevity could be questioned.
Water crossing are a piece of piss when you let the other guy's go first!. But I'm guessing I'll be the guinea pig next trip.

Thanks guys.

Fantastic. The pics and video are great.

I sure hope these Victorian adventures continue.

Cheers,
Darren..

Hey Aido when are you going to write up day 2?

You can leave out the part of you hitting the sack at 8pm!

Well day 2 we had clear skys and a nearly full moon.
wonnangatta102.jpg

Tie wire aplenty on day 3
wonnangatta056.jpg

Day 2 Victorian High Country

The morning wasn't too cold, but Ian decided to get up around 5:00 am and start chopping wood to try and reignite the nights before embers. No respect to his fellow campers!. I believe the smell of bacon and eggs finally enticed me out of my swag.
An inspection of the river showed that the inundation had eased, with the water level dropping an inch or so.
We then decided to break camp quickly and continued on up King Billy Track. Not long after we captured our first real High country views as we broke through the cloud layer. And what a view!, alpine peaks, deep valleys and a blue cloudless sky. Something we didn't expect after the previous days deluge.
Further climbing up the steep track we came across the remnants of an ancient glacier, very spectacular contrast against the treed background.
We made Howitt Rd junction in good time, selected 2wd fanged it up to 80k's, past a heap of cars that probably were owned by hikers on the Bicentenary trail, and then before we knew it we turned onto the Zeka spur track for more spectacular views, and some serious low range terrain for the Nav's.
We stopped half way down Zeka when eying off some good firewood. out came the penis extensions, oops I mean chainsaws. Soon wood chips and 2 stroke was filing the air, Aido and Ian were like pigs in shit until 3 or 4 separate groups of campers came up the spur, causing a need to reposition cars and frantic splitting and loading of wood.
We cautiously continued down the spur and finally entered the Wonnangatta Valley, The river was high and moving fast, after some procrastinating we plunged on through and made a beeline for a camp site.
The afternoon was spent drying out tents and swags from the day before, chopping wood, visitng the ruins of the homestead and cemetery and sinking piss. We decided to light the fire early to get some good coals to cook up a roast in the camp oven, problem was the wood we collected up on the spur failed to ignite, it just smoldered and smoked, fairly pitiful and dissapointing considering we had a tonne of the stuff. Aido and Ian decided to break out the saws again and went off to find better combustibles. I attempted to show off by pouring a few litres of diesel on, but even that failed miserably. The fellas returned with half a tree that with a lot more diesel finally got going, after a couple of hours we finally had a fire to be proud off.
With dinner on, we finished off the days sunlight with plenty of cans and even more tall stories.
We ate well that night, roast lamb, corn, spuds onion and carrots. The fire that had caused us troubles was now raging, and an inspection down the valley showed other camper with nothing more than gas lanterns and smoldering ashes. All night we saw others head out looking to find decent firewood, you could see the jealousy as they saw our fire while driving past.
No one else matched our fire that night!
Aido crashed early, complaining about a headache, maybe a consequence of buying a D22?
Ian and I finished off the night with a few more drinks, and a star filled high country sky.

Have to make this an annual event!

Jason.

Last edited:
Good work Jase :top:
The ancient glacier.Where we were standing,the track had been carved through it.It went down the hill a fair way below us.

P4240134.jpg

Be like a Richmond supporter and drop your hopes down that way you can just be proud each day they actually walk out on the field wearing the right coloured jumpers.

I wanted to say the next time we play the tigers,but i still can't be sure of a win.

Latest posts

Back