Mikals D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice truck.
Nissan should have made them that height from factory imo.

I'd like to try and get another inch or two on mine but for the cost it ain't worth it.

Look forward to seeing the next mod.

Yeah I'm happy with how it sits now... Can't justify the price difference to get another inch or two. Once I get some 33's under it she'll sit a little higher again :)

Got a new tyre fitted yesterday and wheel alignment, trucks all ready for a nice little drive to Perth next week where it'll stay until early next year while I'm at work...

Next mods coming will be a Nissan snorkel and some 16x8 sunnies with 33" muddies :rock:

I'll try get some photo's of the trip down, and maybe some action shots next time I get out n about...

Oh and a quick question...... When you lift the rear bar, does it affect the ability to wind down the spare wheel???? It looks as though I wont be able to wind the spare down once it's lifted?

Cheers
Michael

Had the big girl out the beach today for a swim and a bit of fun along the way.... The nav crawled up the infamous 'Jump up' with ease, a place where many people have seen their side steps crushed in and panels dented....

Few pics of my first flex test.... Not too bad, would love a bit more though before the rear wheel lifts.

IMG_8035.jpg

IMG_9188.jpg

IMG_4679.jpg

IMG_8531.jpg

Road trip to perth starts on Tuesday, hopefully get some photos along the way.

Cheers
Michael

thats a pretty area...I really wanna see WA. all the rusty looking rocks and flat land.

Alrighty...

The Navara is in the shop getting quite a bit of repair work after last week :(

Back overseas at work now, but had a nice little trip from Karratha - Perth last week. Via Coral Bay and Kalbarri. Got a couple of pics along the way..

First stop was Coral Bay for 2 nights, did a little 4wding... First time ever really driving in sand was an experience.

Started out at 34 psi. Got bogged.
24 psi.... Got bogged.
18 psi.... Got out of everything I put it through :)

Couple of pics around Coral Bay (One of my favourite places in Aus)

Main beach

IMG_1911.jpg

Parked up at 5 finger reef for a swim

IMG_9010.jpg

Another nice beach called 'The Lagoon' *This is where I got stuck leaving and had to go down to 18 psi

IMG_1631.jpg

Tried to tackle this big sand dune, didn't quite make it but was fun...

IMG_5907.jpg

After a relaxing 2 days there we headed to Kalbarri... Only had 1 night there so no pics.

This is where the fun stopped....

Left Kalbarri Friday morning, heading to Perth... Got to Eneaba fine without a drama. About 20km out I hear a fairly loud vibration from the front left wheel... I thought I had a flat so began to slow down.

All of a suddden the car drops and veers hard left. I see the front wheel sail off into the bush out of the corner of my eye, and slide about 500m down the road and into the bush. The car comes to rest about 2-3 meters off the road in some shrubs and the wheel is a further 50m in the bush. Had to dig about 300mm to get to the disc, and dig some more to jack the car up and get a wheel back on.

I'd had the car in for a wheel alignment and rotatie the wheels a week prior, obviously the drop kick doing it forgot to tighten all the wheels.

So, the car is in the shop again, I think new discs are being put on, wheel repaired, 1 snapped stub being replaced, bearings replaced and another wheel alignment.

Thankfully it was the left wheel and pulled us off the road, there was a car coming the other way and I'd hate to think what would of happened if it were the right wheel.

Here is the only pic I have, you can see the skid mark from where we came off the road into the dirt.

IMG_9251.jpg

And yes..... The company has been contacted and are paying for ALL of the repair work.

Cheers
Michael

Glad to here no one was hurt mate. I had the same thing happen to me about 2 months ago one hell of a feeling when she came off thats for sure. If you can get away with just the disc that will be good mine was so ground down that it ground the lower control arm ball joint down and had to replace the whole lower control arm aswell

Yeah was pretty lucky at the end of the day.... Could have been alot worse.

I'm hoping it hasn't damaged the ball joint, I don't think it has but I didn't have a real close look... Just put the wheel back on and very slowly made my way to Perth wherer the car is now..

Either way, the tyre company that rotated all the wheels are paying for all the repair work, so it'll all be getting done if need be.

Cheers
Michael

Got an update from the workshop fixing the car today... Everything is done, just waiting for the repaired wheel to be returned.

They replaced

- Broken stud
- Disc
- Lower ball joint
- New seals on bearings
- Repaired stud holes on wheel
- Wheel alignment

Pretty happy that it's all going to be fixed. And quicker than I was imagining also.

Sooo... To celebrate. Tomorrow I'm ordering a set of 16x8 Black King wheels... With 285/75R16 rubber.... :D :D :D

Going with BFGoodrich Mud terrains... Never heard a bad word about them, so why not.

Wont be home for another 4 weeks so the wheels should be waiting for me then, I'll get them on straight away and get some pics up.

Cheers
Michael

Hmmm Probably should have but don't know if the company would have paid for all of them... I'm sure if there were any damaged they would have replaced them.

Ordered the wheels today, will be shipped next week. But I wont get them on for another 4 weeks :(

Can't wait!!!

Michael

Got word today that the Nav is all reapaired and safely back at the missus house...

The new wheels are on their way to my place in Karratha.

Driving home on the 19th December so should be able to get some pics of the wheels fitted up on the 20th!! Gunna look like a beast!

Next to come will be a Snorkel and air compressor I think... Anyone got any recommendations for the compressor? Ironman, ARB etc??

Michael

Bought a Opposite lock Mean Green Compressor for my trip to the Tip of Cape York very happy with it, had to use it a few times to re-inflate after letting them down.

Is it mounted or just in a box/case?? And roughly how much if you dont mind?

I was thinking around the $2-300 mark would get me a quality compressor...

It is Mounted in a plastic carry case/box, cost $299, it received a fairly good review in one of the 4wd monthly mags a couple of months back, extremely happy with it.

The money you're looking to spend on the compressor is about right. I bought a $350 one that comes in a plastic tool box, has alligator clips to connect to battery, 40A fuse and a whole bunch of hose from ARB. They have one more up from there that you mount somewhere in the vehicle. I'm happy with the one I have. Inflates my tyres fairly quickly and has an enormous duty cycle - I could easily pump up my tyres from 18psi to full, then do 2-3 other vehicles before I had to give it a rest.

The duty cycle is VERY important. If you have to rest it for 20 minutes after a 5-minute workout then it's not worth having.

ARB have that compressor as a christmas deal buy for $349 and get a puncture repair kit for free value of $55.

Thanks for that..

I was originally planning to mount one in the egine bay if possible... But after thinking I'd prefer one in just a small tool box/bag. That way can share it around when out with mates without having to move the car.

Never even considered the duty cycle. Thanks for the heads up!

Might throw the missus a xmas present idea haha

Great thread mate. Like the work you've done. Bloody lucky with the wheel incident - fark me!

I have the ARB compressor in a box and it works a treat - just get the servo station adaptor also from ARB and you have a great bit of gear.

Latest posts

Back