Mikals D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks mate.... Yeah I'd steer clear of the loosing a wheel part. scary stuff.

Had my first real outing on the muddies yesterday... Got myself into a spot of bother, aired down... Easily got myself out. I did notice they chewed the sand out more than my mates All Terrains but I expected that. I've got no complaints with them... They were good enough in the sand and amazing on the rocks..

Got quite a few pics, so enjoy :)

My mate was first to get stuck on the beach... We had plenty of recovery gear though so no worries.

IMG_0807.jpg

IMG_0808.jpg

I was able to get out, but seeing he was stuck I thought I'd go back and offer a hand.... That's when I ended up like this.

IMG_0809.jpg

Had a few goes up and down the beach in the hope I would get out without airing down.

IMG_0812.jpg

Got a bit further each time but in the end it was going be a much easier way out... So down to 18 psi we went after a fwe runs up and down the beach without success.

After we got out (first go on below 20 psi) We travelled through the bush a bit more exploring, found a decent size rock and decided to climb that.

IMG_0821.jpg

Few poser shots of the big girl.

IMG_0823.jpg

IMG_0827.jpg

IMG_0828.jpg

Anyone know why I can only attach 4 photos per post??

Bit more playing around and we headed back towards home... Here's some shots of us both going down the famous "Jump Up" One big step at the top and little side room results in alot of busted side steps and lost mucd flaps here... My friend in the Prado put a nice dent in his fuel tank last time he attacked this..

IMG_0841.jpg

IMG_0845.jpg

IMG_0849.jpg

IMG_0850.jpg

IMG_0852.jpg

And airing up with a coldie after a successful day out wheeling :)

IMG_0869.jpg

Also tested the camera out a fair bit... So I'll chuck up some of the more artsy photo's from the day.... (Not car related)

IMG_0837.jpg

IMG_0839.jpg

After another good outing this weekend just gone, I've got a small list of work I'll be doing over the next week or so on the Nav.

- Side steps are coming off.. I'll be cutting them off so I don't have to fill any holes, eventually to be replaced with sliders.

- Rear bar will be removed and lifted. (I was planning to replace it with checkerplate but I'll just lift it 2" for now so it sits where it should)

- My windscreen washer bottle died on me so I need to fix that.. Hoping I can get one from the wreckers.

- Snorkel will be ordered next Wednesday.

I'd like to lift it a little more at the front eventually also, just to level it out a bit. Can I do this but simply winding up the standard torsion bars or do I need new ones and other parts to do so?

Cheers
Michael

Side steps are gone..... Thanks to a 4" angle grinder :) Need to tidy it up but that'll have to wait till Wednesday don't think the missus would appreciate me spending tomorrow arvo under the car...

Snorkel is being order Wednesday (payday) through Garry from Nizzbits.

I'll get some picture of the sidesteps gone soon. Next on the list is get that rear bar lifted!! And still need to source a new washer bottle.

Cheers
Michael

The Nav is getting a makeover tonight. :)

Snorkel arrived a while ago and I'll be fitting it up tonight with the help of a mate, we fitted his Safari snorkel to his Prado last night in 2.5hrs so hopefully this one goes as smoothly!

Will give it a wash over the weekend and get some recent pics up for ya's ;)

Michael

Got the snorkel fitted up Friday night... Took about 3 hours, I've learnt that I should read the instructions properly instead of skimming over them thinking I know what I'm doing... Woulda saved half an hour or so haha...

Was pretty straight forward install, and very happy with the finish of it. Definitely worth the $350.00 I saved by doing it myself!

No pics yet, it's been raining here for the past few days, and there's a cyclone brewing so could mean a bit of play time in the mud!!!

Cheers
Michael

Been a while sinc posting on here, probably because not much has changed with the Nav lately... Between working and travelling for mx races I don't get my time to get offroad during the winter :(

Towed the new mx trailer down to Perth a few weeks ago for something to do. While I was there got a major service carried out on the old girl.

Replaced/changed the motor oil, filter, front diff oil, rear diff oil, gearbox oil, transfer case oil, radiator flush, brake fluids, replaced fan (cracked), replaced fan belt, bled/adjusted brakes, wiper blades etc etc.....

All done at a very good price by my girlfriends father (qualified and registered mechanic)

Anyhow after towing the trailer for almost 4000km in the last month, I've decided it's definitely time for a chip and exhaust! With a bit of head wind of uphill I was struggling to hold 5th gear and keep it at 100km/h!!! :(

Have 2 chips in mind... First is the Chip it unit, this seems like the best on the market at the moment but you obviously pay for what you get.

Second is the chip express chip from the UK.... At half the price of the Chipit unit it is pretty appealing to me!

Can anyone give me and for and against reasons for either of these?????

Also will be going with a beaudesert 2.75" exhaust.

So a bit of money to be thrown at the ute over the next 2 months, hopefully wakes it up a bit and makes towing a much more comfortable drive :)

Michael

Ive got chip express on mine and say it is has made a huge difference. Have it on the default setting and it is awesome hey. Would definately buy it again

Have word from the old boy that my chip express chip has arrived :) Unfortunately I'm only home for a day on Tuesday before flying out again.

Will try to get it installed and take it for a drive to see how she goes! Can't wait!!!

Michael

Said goodbye to the old girl on Tuesday.... Was a bit sad to see it drive away after I'd put quite a bit of effort ad money into her.

She's made way for something a little more powerful, it was struggling to tow the trailer which was shitting me to tears, I did buy the chip and it improved a heap but by that time I was over it and wanted something new.

Anyway it was a good 12 months! Ad I'd like to thank everyone on here for their valuable input whe it came to mods etc.... You guys are one of the friendliest forums I've been involved with.

This is how the old girl looked as it drove away for the last time :)

398370_10151133823580852_1885001553_n.jpg

And this is what's replacing it :D

12829_10151129436045852_1955334316_n.jpg

Forgive the crappy photo of the new one.

Thanks again everyone!

Michael McKellar

Love the new fourby mate! Looks great mate. I loved your Nav, hope its gone to a good home. How did the chip go before you got rid of it?

thats a good looking nav. its a shame to see you venture on to a YOTA, buts its just gotta e done sometimes. I have to say that series Cruiser would be the only model id buy in a troopy or ute. id go for a older 4.2 patrol first though.

Latest posts

Back