multiple antennas?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's some who suggest truckies are going back to 27meg because of all the knobs on UHF especially around the city but I doubt 27meg will ever replace (re-replace) any one particular radio in trucks in the near future. I don't think I'll ever mount mine permanently when it's only really going to be used as a safety device when all other fail but I don't think it will be far from the list if heading to remote spots.

It's a slim-line Hatadi Pearce Simpson Super Puma. Just a cheap thing, I wasn't very wealthy when I bought it, but I've resisted throwing it out.

yep, I wish i never sold off my base station setup from back in the day.

There's some who suggest truckies are going back to 27meg because of all the knobs on UHF especially around the city but I doubt 27meg will ever replace (re-replace) any one particular radio in trucks in the near future. I don't think I'll ever mount mine permanently when it's only really going to be used as a safety device when all other fail but I don't think it will be far from the list if heading to remote spots.

i havent heard any on the 27 round my way,
but now that you mention it my bro inlaw's work has a contract for 300 or so rear cab a/c fitouts for the new Fox fleet of trucks and along with UHF they all have 27meg radio's installed (Uniden).

The thing that gets me about putting in both to avoid listening to the knobs is that in general both will be turned on and active so they still have to contend with the worst part of the knob fraternity and that is listening to them.

Although it is different for some companies, the line haul mob I used to work with back in 03-04 had 2 UHF's fitted one that was open scan and could use all channels and switched on at the drivers discretion and one that was locked on chan 23 and turned on whenever the ignition was on because that was the company call channel and management decided it was the easiest and cheapest way to ensure no one was ignoring management requests by hiding on other channels.

Hi Guy's,

I have 4x Antenna's Mounted on my current 4WD

2x Bull bar Mounted:
* VHF/UHF Ham Radio - Day to Day City Use (underground Car Parks)
* NextG Phone Arial

2x Roof Bar Mounted:
* VHF/UHF Ham Radio - 4WDing & Country Use (higher mounted for better TX)
* Digital Radio Scanner Aerial (a selection of 3 different aerials to use)

The Bull bar and Roof Bar Mounted Aerial Coax's for the VHF/UHF Ham Radio both come into the car and into a Coax Switch then into the Ham Radio, which means I only have to turn a dial to change between Roof Top or Bull bar Mounted Aerials, no need to disconnect aerial coax.

The link below is a common Coaxial Switch used by Ham Radio Operators.

http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/switch/0605.html

Latest posts

Back