My d22 from GO to WHoA

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers guys, Kealba is just out of Melb, prob best way to point out is not far from Tullamarine (Melb)Airport.

And now all the IFS which in my terms means I Fuc*kn Suck or Im Fuc*kn Shit suspension junk that came off the car

more junk to come

Amazingly i never broke anything from the ifs including the diff and iv had the car in the air all 4 wheels and land hard heaps of times and its always been good to me. Got no photos to prove that just poor quality video.

Yeah i dont understand why i never broke a cv, my mate in his hilux always broke his cv's and we did the exact same tracks, he is now also doing a solid swap in his car.

Here is the good stuff being fitted.

First the dana 44 diff as i bought it.

This is how high the car sat when we first dropped her, the back end still wasn't done and the sunraisers were my old ones. they hit the tie rod ends and i had to get a wider offset rims. You could just imagine the smile on my face when i seen it this high.

This is what it looks like at ride height.

I dont have any after photos of the rear but what we done was install 75mm drop shackles with 2in raised leafs and it still wasn enough so we put in another 50mm alloy lowering blocks obviously the other way around so it raised it instead. Koni shocks were used in the rear. This then brought the rear of the car level with the front.

This was a problem, one night when leaving my mates joint i decided to take off hard, you know leave a couple of black lines behind, but all i left was a trail of sparks, at first i thought i blew my gearbox, then no hang on a bit of crunching noise in the rear so diff, yep definately diff, FU*K, so i jump out have a look and what happened was the alloy blocks totally crushed like as if you step on a coke can which then upturned the diff and what happened was the pinion ripped straight off in front of the diff and the sparks were from the tailshaft spinning madly on the asphalt.

The actual internal part of the diff was ok, but stupid prices to buy a new or second hand ring n pinion so i tracked down another complete diff straight bolt on for $700. To make sure this problem didn't happen again we had custom made leafs made up, so in total the leafs are 4in raised with the 75mm drop shackles on top. Car drives perfect and no problems with getting power to the ground now and an added bonus is the lsd in the new diff works brilliant.

Next posts will be of the car flexing, stay tuned.......

the alloy blocks totally crushed like as if you step on a coke can which then upturned the diff and what happened was the pinion ripped straight off in front of the diff and the sparks were from the tailshaft spinning madly on the asphalt.

I was reading about the alloy spacers thinking how much axle wrap you'd have with that setup, then sure enough I read on...

I'm glad to hear it failed, not for your sake, but for the sake of proving other lift methods are more valid.

Sweet truck mate. :top:

The fox shocks coilovers came withe the calmini kit, im not exactly sure how much travel they are, i think there 10in travel, im just comparing to my mate who has bought the same shocks setup for his lux but they were 12in travel and he guessed mine would have been 10in. The coil springs are einbach and on track recommended i get a different rating top springs, each coil over has a top and bottom spring, and if i change the top spring i will get better (something??????) i cant remember what he said it was over a year ago but it would cost $300 for those springs.

Now for some flex...

I love this shot, the taillights are above my head.

My front driveshaft came in today, i ordered the one from calmini to fit this kit and i got 10% off for sending in a pic of my car flexing with their product visible on my car.

Also was speaking with on track today and looks like i might have to go for a dana 44 wagoneer rear diff also, the prob i am having is finding a matching gear ratio for the front and rear, my rear is 4.375 and dana 44 does not have that ratio, so after a bit of searching the only matching ratio between a jeep and nissan diff is 4.10, that was ok i guess cos it wasn't too far different from what i had but realistically when 35's or bigger tyres eventually go on it would be a pig of a car to drive, especially taking off or going uphill.

So im currently searching for a wagoneer diff and once located will get a gear ratio somewhere in the 4.9 ratio, maybe higher dont know yet till i figure out what it will be revvin at with bigger tyres, i have also had to put my arb lockers on hold now too because of all this comotion about what diff to use.

My STR diff will be for sale in future when the other one goes in so if anyone is interested just pm me, it works well and has a very tight lsd.

Im going Tocumwal this weekend so il try post some new pics of it out in the bush, il try launch the front in the air, see if my cameraman is good enough to snap that shot.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back