Navara ZD30 power chips

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2greedy

Reaction score
Hi guy's

is there any alternatives to all those dear as poison chips! there is no way am i prepared to pay $1000+ dollars or more for something that has no more than $100 worth of parts.

They try to tell you that with the cheaper chips to be careful! well that's bullshit! electronics is electronics and any of them can fail regardless of what you pay for the unit, it's the big boy's trying to flogg their more expensive chips!

Now i have been hunting all over the inet and buggered if i can find anything that's suitable for a ZD30 reasonably priced! why is that? is it because no-one gives a shit about the ZD30's or what is it?

Just about anything for a ZD30 is way overpriced! yet anything for 2.5CR cheap as chips. (lol excuse the pun)

so in saying that guy's what do we ZD30 owners have as an option?

Last edited:
tell us a bit about your car there is a cheapie on ebay no limit but it will probably destroy your injectors in a couple of years maybe your motor to there is some other things you can do other than put a chip to make it go better

tell us a bit about your car there is a cheapie on ebay no limit but it will probably destroy your injectors in a couple of years maybe your motor to there is some other things you can do other than put a chip to make it go better

Hi kevinm

those no limit 1's on ebay once again are for only 2.5CR!

my vehicle has 3" straight through mandrel bent system, snorkel,new turbo

Put one in at your own risk, if you trust a $100 ebay job to not destroy a $5000 fuel pump then go ahead, I would only ever put a unichip, steinbauer or chip it in mine, have a read of the thread posted up by Northside 4x4 (member on here) about the differeces between all of them

Put one in at your own risk, if you trust a $100 ebay job to not destroy a $5000 fuel pump then go ahead, I would only ever put a unichip, steinbauer or chip it in mine, have a read of the thread posted up by Northside 4x4 (member on here) about the differeces between all of them

m8 they are identical to ya $1000+ jobs just $800 cheaper, amazing what they'll say to sell their $1000 jobs, there's post's all over the net of blokes running them and havn't had an issue, and save $800+ dollars to boot!

Have you read the post about chips by northside 4x4? http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=11687

yes i have

but at the end of the day all these so called power chips etc...do is just vary pressures,rates and timing, now in saying that for example the nolimits 1's on ebay are German engineered and the best engineering in the world! comes from Germany.

If they made 1 for ZD30DDT i would by 1 tomorrow! like i say m8 these blokes selling chips for $1000+ need to be brought down a peg or 2!.

They know their unit's only worth $200-300 max! but feed the public with a heap of mumbo jumbo so they can make a 400% profit! nothing but rip off rogues! and they know it! that's why they will defend their product to the hilt to get another sale.

I feel sorry for the poor gullible ppl that get sucked into buying them, i tell ya what m8 if i can source e'm cheap enough il'l sell e'm for $50 bucks! just to hurt the rip off's pocket!

Well I personally don't want a chip on my truck, call me paranoid but I trust Nissan engineers judgement over someone soldering 50c variable resistors on a circuit board over the otherside of the world with regards to fueling, like I said if I had to though it'd be one of the big brands.

However in your case the first thing you should be doing is fitting a boost gauge and EGT gauge before you put any chip on, last thing you want is holes in your pistons, you could also probably up the boost 2-3psi to compensate for the extra fuel now being added, few guys on here with yum cha replacement turbos and wound up boost.

Well I personally don't want a chip on my truck, call me paranoid but I trust Nissan engineers judgement over someone soldering 50c variable resistors on a circuit board over the otherside of the world with regards to fueling, like I said if I had to though it'd be one of the big brands.

However in your case the first thing you should be doing is fitting a boost gauge and EGT gauge before you put any chip on, last thing you want is holes in your pistons, you could also probably up the boost 2-3psi to compensate for the extra fuel now being added, few guys on here with yum cha replacement turbos and wound up boost.

have boost gauge fitted it's doing about 14-15 psi, when i had a manual controller on it could wind it out to 22+psi but made bugger all difference

Have you thought about just firing off some emails to those manufactures that make cheap units, just to see if they have ever supplied them for the ZD30 since theres a ZD30 version of the no limits one available for the patrol, you have to remember though their (European) navara's had the YD25 non CRD for ages hence why European substitutes for our more expensive chips could be hard to come by.

Have you thought about just firing off some emails to those manufactures that make cheap units, just to see if they have ever supplied them for the ZD30 since theres a ZD30 version of the no limits one available for the patrol, you have to remember though their (European) navara's had the YD25 non CRD for ages hence why European substitutes for our more expensive chips could be hard to come by.

I have sent a few emails hehe

so in saying that 180 y couldn't we use the patrol ZD30 one?

(assuming you mean the no limits chip) because its for the CRD ZD30, might work, but I wouldn't risk it until I had confirmation it is compatible.

i've got a no limit one in my ute. from the readings i have done, most of the chip technology is always for crd engines because there is a few more variables they can adjust, and if the car has a vnt turbo they can add and take boost. for our more basic ZD30 engines, all they ever adjust as far as i can tell is the spill valve, the longer its open the more fuel goes in. they just take throttle position, and add slightly prolonged signal to the spill valve based on the throttle position.

please correct me if i'm wrong

down side to these chips, the engine does get very high egt's if you are pushing it hard. In my ute, with the no limit chip set at say 6 out of 9 stages, i can easily hit 700 pre turbo when pushing it hard through the gears. with is set to 2 out of 9 gears i can still hit 700 but that only happens when heading up hills and what not.

these "cheap" chips have no protection built into them, you are the protection for your car. if you put the chip in, max it, and flog it silly with no care in the world, you will damage your engine, if not blow holes in pistons. if your smart, have some gauges and treat your ute with respect, but still enjoy the extra grunt you should be right.

the other thing, don't hope for better fuel economy, they only add fuel, they add more from the start of the throttle position all the way to the end. without the chip i get about 11L/100 with i get about 14L/100.

I'm definitely not expert on the matter, just read a fair bit of stuff and have a bit of experience with mine.

Latest posts

Back