Newcastle day run

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pics

HOLD ON BRAD (a little bit of wee came out I think)

The ranger performed well, real well

Last edited:
I'm sorry I bailed ... but we got back safely and the doc called it "ocular hypertension". I looked it up, it's a BS excuse for "I don't know why your eye pressure has increased". One thing I do know, if it doesn't come down there's a risk of glaucoma. Docs orders: rest, new eye drops and come back to check progress.

It might signal the end of our 4WD excursions. I was looking forward to being lost again!

It was good to meet you all anyway. Glad you had fun!

Sorry to hear the Mrs eyes havent settled down Tony, but things didnt get any smoother from when you had to head home, as you can see it got a tad worse lol.

Great pics from the "Suzi" crew.

I Had an awesome day and it was great to finally stretch the Ranga's legs, and man were they stretched a couple of times Ha!!

So good that a bunch of people off a forum can meet up and have a great day out in the bush.

The good news is beside a slight intake of water for Mofo and a lost mudflap on the Ranga we all came out unscathed.

Would love to see some pics from the last hill we were playing on, that was one of the,, lets say, trickiest steps of done in a while and the first time i got to really test the Ranga out.

PS. Joel we owe you some bucks for the great work you did on the camera, but next time please bring more batteries... lol
Nah thanks buddy you did a fantastic job.

Last edited:
There is footage of your stair climbing
But I dont have it
Lets do it again, that ranga is very capable truck,unbelievable, ive seen locked & lifted patrols get stuck there
great driving nathan

cant wait to check it out, it may be a case of looks easier then what it was??
Im really happy with how the Ranga performed, its a pleasure to steer.

will be in for sure on the next trip.

It was a fantastic day and I have to agree Nath its great to see that a few members can get out for a great day of 4x4ing, have fun, help each other out and come out somewhat unscathed.
I hate to admit the Ford performed much better then I had expected and that last run was modified Cruiser/Pootrol territory!!! and it breezed everything we did before hand, I would to have loved making it all the way down that first road Sooo close yet so far.
I`ll get a copy of all the photos taken from Pete and post them up here as soon as I can as im sure there are plenty of good pics and a bit of footage going around.
ill be spending Wednesday, Thursday and Friday ripping the interior out of the old girl for a nice dry clean as it currently smells exactly like the bog hole I tried driving through (funny how that works), I was so close to making it the second time. I`m also pretty sure i`m carrying 2 tool boxes full of water.
Sparra my dog hasn't been the same since Tasha dominated him at lunch!!!!! You Suzi performed quite well even with a questionable CV, driver and roof. And I know Josh had a ball with the lunch time shenanigans.
Tony sorry to hear about the misses, hope things get better soon for you guys as none of us here would like to see you end the 4x4 and touring, as always your more then welcome to give it another go next trip. BTW as you mentioned lets go with the best tray comp, there is still more that I have to do but I like the odds, can we make the prize a bash plate im pretty sure my sump is suffering after that first road (see picture above it was like that and worse for about 2-3K`s, we didn't even make it all the way down).
Brad the D40 looks wicked, it was the only vehicle that looked on par with the Ford.
We will have to do it again some time I had a ball I have been told that "Monkey Gum" (??) is good fun.
Thanks for the photos we have already appreciate the effort made by Joel, Peta and everyone else who got pics in.
lets do it again.
stand by for more pic`s.

Shenannagans are good, glad the young fella had a good time
Tasha is still educating buddy as we speak
The suzi did a great job, I have 3kg of dust in my lungs and a carfull of dust and dog spew, il'e hoze it out later
Have you considered a vinyl floor steve?
I bet the mrs was stoked on the drive home

I`m looking into flooring now, best way to spend my day at work I think.
Misses was surpringly fine, she was happy with the day but not as happy as the young bloke. The only time she wasn't happy was when we decided we had to turn around and go back up what we came down.

That stx of yours is a weapon brad, it handled everything you threw at it with ease,
get them front struts in and it will be even better,
has beck seen the pics? She missed out on a good ride

Latest posts

Back