nissan finance 0%

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big zetor

Reaction score
whats the catch seems too good to be true is there a balloon at the end? down here in tassie they are saying at the dealer it's 1% for every 12 months after 36 months. so if i was to get a 60 month term it would only have 2% intrest over term with a balloon amount of choise. hmmm

There is another thread here somewhere (no idea what it's titled) where the 0% is discussed and at least one of the posters made comparisons between the 0 and other % rates. Like any loan borrowing will cost you money, the cheaper they give you that money the more likely there are to be rules you must adhere to and the more it will cost you in the end. Stealerships don't offer 0% for the good of the customer.

Some dealers wont let you haggle, even if you go in without suggesting finance and get then to give you the lowest price then throw the finance offer they will then tell you that with finance the sale price as to be higher to adhere to finance rules.

theres always a catch, I spoke to a holden saleswoman last time nissan had the 0% finance offer and she pretty much said it will work out the same as normal finance, was one of those rare times you get a sales person who wasn't the devil incarnate.

Ironically I was there looking at a navara not any of that holden crap though :S

Its amazing what sales people will say about their opposition and their current sales scheme yet conveniently forget it when their boss offers up the same deal 6 months later and they have to sell it.

Usually a 30% deposit up front with a 30% balloon residual after 36 months. During that 36 months, you pay the comparison rate. If you can calculate the extra repayments to have it paid off in the 3 years, then you should end up in front. Unless they have a penalty for early payment, that usually accompanies fixed interest rates.

Its amazing what sales people will say about their opposition and their current sales scheme yet conveniently forget it when their boss offers up the same deal 6 months later and they have to sell it.
I think she figured I wasn't going to buy anything, the car I looked at needed a fair bit of work for the price they wanted and she had nothing better to do that morning so we just talked about buying used vs new and that 0% finance came up.

I had the local Subaru dealership once tell me that they could organise me a better price on finance than the large Melbourne group of Subbie dealers because they were smaller and could spend more time negotiating for my benefit. I was unconvinced (and not in need of finance) so the bloke went on to tell me that if I got the car from the Melbourne group it wouldn't come with a tow pack and alloy wheels because they have to make up their lower prices somewhere. The bullshit salesman have to come up with, and it's not just the car industry, just to make a sale is unbelievable, the fact that so many people fall for it is ridiculous. Finance is just another one of those traps people fall into if they don't read and understand the fine print.

A friend that works for a city dealership told me something along the lines of it's better to buy a country Subaru dealer because they order their cars from Subaru Japan whereas the city dealers order from Subaru Australia who also set the prices.

The moral to the story being that the country dealers are generally cheaper and can do a "deal".

Of course I cannot verify any of this. :)

In my case I proved it wrong. I ended up getting my Forrester $4K cheaper in Melb than the guy down here was willing to do. Of course the guy down here made claims that I was going to get ripped off and not get what I paid for because he claimed he couldn't match the price but in the end I got everything I wanted and they ended up throwing in a transmission cooler because they forgot to add it to the change over cost.

At the end of the day they got what they wanted, I got the car I wanted at the time, I got rid of mums car as a trade in and the local dealer lost out, and lost out 3 years later when I went to buy another one because they wanted $43.5K on road for the same Forrestor that Glen Waverly had for $37K.

However my local Subbie/Mazda dealer is unlike most.

Basically they want you 2 pay full sticker price .... which in some cases can be upto 10k more than the regular specials they do.
I got a d40 on 1% for 45k driveway when the last special was 43k driveway, but that was only because I knew someone & got around 6k discount.
Bugger paying 50k for a ST just bcos it's on low finance %.

Latest posts

Back