Nissan to enter V8SC in 2013

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lower octane. 70 instead of 85. Lose power, gain economy.

Social commentators find a reason to muddy honest effort of a good team. Sheesh

Lower octane. 70 instead of 85. Lose power, gain economy.

Social commentators find a reason to muddy honest effort of a good team. Sheesh

:yeahright:

thats a new one....70 RON you say.....so theyve also dropped their comp ratio down to about a 5.0:1 have they.

Hmmmmm:confused2:

NO nissan or mercedes in the top 10 tomorrow?????

Congrats Jim.

Have any of these restriction crippled pieces of shit hit the rev limiter yet? Or is the head wind on Conrod too strong?

The best thing so far was the VX / VF / V8SC comparison, otherwise it's just V8 Supertaxi's again.

Hang on a minute.. I just watched a replay of the shootout as I was working today. Wincup and Winterbotoms laps were great but a 2:07? I thought these things were the cars of the future. How come the Smurf done a 2:06 10 ago! with a live rear axle car and the and a H changing gearbox hanging off the motor. Am I missing something here??

Hang on a minute.. I just watched a replay of the shootout as I was working today. Wincup and Winterbotoms laps were great but a 2:07? I thought these things were the cars of the future. How come the Smurf done a 2:06 10 ago! with a live rear axle car and the and a H changing gearbox hanging off the motor. Am I missing something here??

no no....the nissans and mercs were the cars of the future........but where are they:rofl2:

real racing car my ass...and for the record...didnt Lowndes have a go in that same "real race car"....with absolutely NO experience in an F1,
around the mount and only 1 sec slower than Button??

real racing car my ass...and for the record...didnt Lowndes have a go in that same "real race car"....with absolutely NO experience in an F1,
around the mount and only 1 sec slower than Button??

Yep, he did. and he can't drive an F1 car. He had a crack at the start of his carrier but he couldn't cut it. Still- he's led a comfortable and nice life.
I guess it's a case of Craig new the track but not the car. Jenson knew the car but not the track.

and in the end, regardless of what cars one likes...The Great Race is what it is....V8 supercars...Holden V Ford...as it should be.

There's something appealing about the simplicity of a two-horse race, red vs blue, that the average guy can enjoy without having to overthink things and in a lot of ways, that's awesome.

But Holden and Ford are pulling out (both by 2016, I heard) from local manufacturing, so unless some "foreign blood" is introduced and accepted before then, the V8 Supercar franchise could die a rapid death when the "local manufacturers" are gone.

Of course, neither is locally owned - Holden sold out to GM years ago, and Ford never was Australian - but that's beside the point.

My personal preference is for the race of old, with the different classes - but not with "team orders" like we've seen in the past. I enjoyed the Bathurst 24 Hour, more because of the variety - it was a shame to see it eaten by the two over-powered Monaros, that was just ridiculous. They wouldn't allow a McLaren F1 to compete in it, because then Holden (at the time, Brocky) wouldn't have won (or stood a chance). Nothing against Brocky of course, the man was rightly King of the Mountain, I just don't think the political bullshit has any place in an event that should be dominated by driver ability.

thats exactly right tony
adapt or become extint
open it up for all who want to play
but keep it fair
v8 only,capped horsepower,weight,brakes ect
no awd
no turbo or s/chargers
ide also like to see each car have 2 hits of nitro per race
would make it less booring and give more opportunity for overtaking
either way i will be cracking a few and watching it today
cheers

Last edited: