Nissan to enter V8SC in 2013

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nissan is yet to reveal which model it will nominate for the 2013 championship. Nor has it indicated whether it will provide its own V8 engine or settle for the option of taking an iron-block GM or Ford push-rod 5.0-litre V8 now in use. Tellingly, though, within the Nissan catalogue lurks a suitable modern all-alloy quad-cam-engine family that includes a 5.0-litre variant, and this is the likely choice. The body shape is expected to be the new mid-sized Altima to go on sale next year.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/motorsp...and-deliver-20120218-1tfth.html#ixzz1myey4a5y

Saw them talking about this on the V8Supercar show on Saturday. The head Nissan guy was very enthusiastic towards the return, gave me the impression that Nissan can't wait to get back in and pick up from where they left off, whacking the backsides of the Fords and Holdens.

No details were given out on the vehicle or the motor to be used.

Hey Jimmy, Nissan smashed the V8's with 6 cylinders and 4 cylinders.

Even the Mini's beat the V8's at Bathurst.

Ford V8's I dont mind, atleast they use current technology.

Chevy are still using pushrods and 2 valve per cylinder.

Hey Jimmy, Nissan smashed the V8's with 6 cylinders and 4 cylinders.

Even the Mini's beat the V8's at Bathurst.

Ford V8's I dont mind, atleast they use current technology.

Chevy are still using pushrods and 2 valve per cylinder.

and what current tech do ford use that chev arent aware of or use????

bolt some turbos on the chevs too and see if those shitboxes ^ are just as good. and not to mention they sound like girlyman vac cleaners

Pffft

Last edited by a moderator:
QOHC and 4 valve's per cylinder.

The best GM product are the Screaming Jimmy's. Mmmmm, 2 Stroke Detroit Power.

QOHC and 4 valve's per cylinder.

Mate...if that was such a big deal, theyd use it too but clearly it has no advantage...except maybe that ford and all the others can screw more spare parts money from their loyal subjects

The Japs have been using it for years and so have the Europeans. They get some good power out of smaller capacity V6's and V8's.

Be interesting how they go.

The Japs have been using it for years and so have the Europeans. They get some good power out of smaller capacity V6's and V8's.

Be interesting how they go.

It would be nice if they'd bloody well let everyone know what the new rules/regs are....car configurations for eg.

Nissan aren't gonna design a 5L pushrod V8.

All there V8's have been QOHC since like the 80's.

Before the VH series I think they used a Chrysler V8 copy. Been to long since I looked that stuff up.

Bed time. Night.

Nissan aren't gonna design a 5L pushrod V8.

All there V8's have been QOHC since like the 80's.

Before the VH series I think they used a Chrysler V8 copy. Been to long since I looked that stuff up.

Bed time. Night.

they may have to use one of the same engines ford/ holden use...there all the same arent they..

ni ni.

Us figuring out the rules is only going to make it easier for AVESCO who like Nissan are watching the forum heavily and looking for ideas because they have no idea.

At the end of the day the entire field is still going to be under control conditions and there will be so many rules and regs each team must adhere to the badge of the front will have bugger all to do with the shit under the shell.

The big question will be is how long it is before 888 are building Nissan's since they already build about half the field of Fords and Holdens,

Already told you all, it's a Nissan V8. So figure out the rules changes for yourselves.

yeah...so...doesnt tell us sweet fa.... its a nissan V8...yeah fords are running a ford V8
are you saying now holden and ford will build QOHC V8's or is it going to be like the bad old days like turbo v normaly aspirated...BOOOOOO.

Latest posts

Back