NSW Events - Nov & Dec 2011

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's nothing stopping us from having Christmas drinks in, say, Windsor, Richmond, Gosford ... get some of the Sydney guys involved as well.

are you suggesting a good old fashioned pub crawl
been a while since ive been on one of those
there is a company in newcastle called the pub crawl bus
they drive you around all night in a big old school bus
that would be fun

I was more thinking about a nice drive, car pooling where possible so that some people who want to imbibe can do so without police-style consequences. The drive would include dinner, drinks and a whole mess of chatter with everyone that can get there (wherever that is).

I wonder if the pub crawl bus can be hired for such a trip?

We've eaten there a few times since March this year and haven't had to complain about undercooked food. In fact, it was perfect every time.

Meals are about $20 a head, although I think the t-bone from memory was $25 - it's a country-style cut, so it's quite a large piece of meat.

The "raw minced steak" was as requested by the customer(Japanese), not a complaint about their food. At the time, the only food they did was the monthly Rotary(?) luncheon and the group I was looking after booked with a meal, which could be anything you like so long as it was steak.

The interpreter they brought with them eventually went to the kitchen to prepare the dish. Apparently he was a better cook than interpreter.

Last edited:
wollimbi taven free camping cavavan friendly good spot for crissy drinks:cheers!::cheers!::cheers!::cheers!::cheers

Is that the one that is/was "the Home of Dr Jurds Jungle Juice"?

Where is the camping exactly?
Facilities?
More importantly are they still financing their hobby farms by growing green stuff in the area? i don't want real bullet holes in the Nav if I go driving.

There is a campsite behind the Wollombi tavern for those that want to play it safe and yes, it's the home of the infamous Dr Jurds Jungle Juice. Not sure how much of it you can drink and remain sober, but I hear it strips paint and out-performs "30 Second Outdoor Cleaner", so if you've got an outdoor shed, deck or driveway, maybe you want to use Jungle Juice instead.

Wollombi Tavern would be a good destination for those that didn't think their liver was all that important.

Found the info on camping. it was mentioned on "The Tavern" page of the link above.

General info on Wollombi The Official Wollombi Valley Community Website - Wollombi Valley Online.

Lol, I've heard similar comments about wollombi tavern for decades, but as a non-drinker I've never tried it. Did notice a coke dispenser in one of the photographs so I suspect they dispense the normal range of poisons and my impression from the decor is that they wouldn't be that expensive*. Has anyone actually drunk/eaten there?

*not sure about the seven helicopter landing pads tho.

It is <130km from Sydney/Parramatta, with plenty of options getting there(say via Wiseman's Ferry & St Albans), and return(direct via Kulnura, Mangrove Mtn).

Anyway, I'll leave it to the group to decide. still waiting for The Boss to mark up the calendar with her last day of work.

<baah, site playing u this morn, 3x trelogns>

I drove past it around 6 or 7pm on a thursday night in late may, and was surprised how many cars were parked at the pub. (being basically in the middle of nowhere)

It is an iconic place. Rumour had it that it was close to closure at one point.

It's a favourite stop for motorcyclists heading up the Great Northern Rd/Paynes Crossing Rd and on into Broke. They turn onto Milbrodale Rd and head out to the Putty Rd and back to Windsor. Lots of curves and adrenalin.

i have had a feed there and it was ok
its a pub so they do have beer on tap
you can also sample dr jurds for free (shot glass) :puke:
maybee a day trip in the watagans with the destination being the pub for tea
i would stay the night if we went there cause the liver is evil and needs to be punished:alcoholic:

i have had a feed there and it was ok
its a pub so they do have beer on tap
you can also sample dr jurds for free (shot glass) :puke:
maybee a day trip in the watagans with the destination being the pub for tea
i would stay the night if we went there cause the liver is evil and needs to be punished:alcoholic:

Coming from Sydney,that is an easy thing to do as once your turn off onto the Mangrove Mtn road(do not cross Mooney Mooney Bridge), you just take a right turn a bit after Kulnura(Brush Ck Rd, becomes Walker Ridge Road) and take the forest road to Olney, etc.

You could pop out the northern(Millfield) or Western(Laguna) side. Definitely and easy day trip(2WD) with the option of side trips to 4Wd stunts (if anyone .wants to and knows where).

Do we want to do a day trip with lunch in the Watagans followed by dinner and drinks at the Doylo? That's an easy hop to the freeway for anyone heading back to Gosford/Sydney/beyond.

Lladnar, it's a bloody shame mate, I wanted to thank your other half for the absolutely excellent video footage she took at the muster, and the amount of effort she went through to get it. Absolute bloody champion. Call in sick?

Latest posts

Back