NSW Events - Nov & Dec 2011

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Due too a workplace accident that has left me all banged up and very sore, we won't be able too come this afternoon. We might be able too come up for a drive tomorrow. Sorry Tony

No drama at all. It's a wet, wet day so far. Thankfully it won't flood here. Plenty of space, but there are about 5 other campers around. Still lots of room. Two of them are running gennies so if I need to get mine out nobody's going to jump up and down.

Rest is probably more valuable to you now anyway, Brad. I know the 10th is out for you, but there are drinks on 17th @ Hunter River too. Not long after that we're on our way to Tassie.

No drama at all. It's a wet, wet day so far. Thankfully it won't flood here. Plenty of space, but there are about 5 other campers around. Still lots of room. Two of them are running gennies so if I need to get mine out nobody's going to jump up and down.

Rest is probably more valuable to you now anyway, Brad. I know the 10th is out for you, but there are drinks on 17th @ Hunter River too. Not long after that we're on our way to Tassie.

G,day Tony & Helen

See you tomorrow lunch time, around 1.00pm. Both my father-inlaw David and I will be leaving Coffs around 9.30am.

Ally finishes night-shift tomorrow morning at 7.30am, i have to drop the girls of to basket ball at 9.00am.

Regards,

RLI (Paul)
:cheers!:

It was good to see you again Paul (and F-I-L Dave). Glad to see you got here in reasonable comfort and hope your trip back is uneventful.

It's stopped raining here completely now. There's even a bit of sunshine and some blue sky over to the west.

Bring on another night of blissful relaxation.

Who eventually made it to camp Tony? Was gonna pay you guys a visit today but had to catch up on the back load of jobs I have, only managed to put a small dent in em!

Cheers Brad

We did. RLI and his father-in-law came down - he made the trip despite the pain and discomfort.

There were a few wild birds and some mosquitoes around too, but none of them drove Navaras.

We did. RLI and his father-in-law came down - he made the trip despite the pain and discomfort.

There were a few wild birds and some mosquitoes around too, but none of them drove Navaras.

G,day Tony and Helen,

Thanks for your kind hospitality. Both David and I had a great time with you folks. Unfortunatley, the arse played up when we got past Port Macquarie. Arrived home at 6.00pm. Went to bed with medication at 6.30pm, did not wake untill 4.00pm Sunday afternoon.

PS, It was worth it.

Regards,

RLI (Paul)
:cheers!:

Just a bump to remind everyone that the Watagan Forest Christmas run is on this coming Saturday. We will be leaving Jilliby Rd at 10:00am!

If you're late, try catching us on UHF 15.

There's a chance that nobody will show up. In that event, there's an exceptionally good chance that I'll drive through to the halfway point and then just go home. If you're going to show, be on time!

Dave, you might want to book this one in for Friday in your calendar.

Hi Tony, how long will the track take? the reason i ask is that my wife's family christmas party is on at Bateau Bay. I will have to be there by 12ish. From what i can see on the map point A is not that far from where i have to be
So i thought i might come to the meeting spot A, just to meet you and any of the other guys that may show up, and if possible tag along for a couple of hrs before having to do the runner to the xmas party with the inlaws.

If memory serves, it took us 2 hours to get from Jilliby Rd to Martinsville Hill Rd. That's what I was counting on as a group too - so we leave Jilliby @ 10am, arrive at Martinsville Hill Rd at noon for lunch, some 4WD play (there's a good spot for that with bog holes and stuff close by) then at about 3pm continue on the rest of the road and then exit the forest (about 5pm) and head for Doyalson to arrive around 5:30-6pm in time for dinner.

You're more than welcome to meet up at Jilliby Rd before we leave, but I doubt you'll make the 12 noon deadline at Bateau Bay if you hit the dirt road. It isn't smooth in this area, it gets quite bumpy in places and you have to pick your line.

The play area is close to point D on this map (which is a map of the entire route).

Ok, i just got the ok from the wife to meet up with you guys as long as i get to the family xmas get together at some stage. So my plan is to be at the meeting place by 9.30 - 10am at the absolute latest. Then i will tag along for as long as possible before i have to turn back and head for Bateau Bay. Bit of a bummer i wont make the whole treck, but at least i can say gday to some of you guys in person.

Tony i wont make this one sorry. Work owns me until at least 1pm on that day, by the time i catch up you guys would have finished the tracks. I really wanted to go on that outing, if it fails perhaps reschedule early next year?

It's not a bad track to do, quite a lengthy drive with the stop in the middle for lunch and play.

Obviously if people come along there'll be photos a-plenty, but if nobody shows I'll take some shots of the play area so people can get an idea of what fun could be had.

We can do this run again - what I've called "the play area" looks like something those wanting to do some maniacal stuff could have some fun in, and there's plenty of room for everyone else to park, pull up a chair and a cold one and watch the antics.

For January I'd pencilled in a gentle outing for post-Christmas. I didn't think anything strenuous would be appreciated, with the way that stupid fat bastard in the red suit guzzles funds from our bank accounts and the way some of us guzzle whatever's left on the shelf. I'd still like to do coffee @ Kiama (let's do that on 21 Jan), we can line the Navs up at the blowhole and take some pics. That doesn't mean we can't add a Watagan run on another day.

The problem with Watagan Forest isn't the forest, it's Sydney - it's too damn close, and too many galahs from the big smoke decide that it's a nice place to come up to with supercharged V8s and 57" muddies under their Daihatsu Terios beasts and they just terrorise the place. The roads in there can get quite busy and I'm betting early January is a definite no-no in there - perhaps the weekend after Australia Day when everyone's heading back to work would be the best.

On Australia Day itself (that's a Thursday) I'm taking my family down to Parramatta to see the hot air balloons. The weekend of 28th/29th would be good for a run through Watagans, I'd imagine - most people would be preparing for school and/or work.

I know that's 2 weekends in a row, but they're both fairly easy runs unless you want to play in the mud in the Watagans. The Kiama run is sealed road all the way, it's more a photo op than anything else in a bloody nice part of the world.

ime not going to make any december meets
roster has me working weekends
have fun guys and ile catch up with you after xmas

I'll be out at sunny corner and pensylvannia state forest having a shoot and a fourby :)

Back