oil light on zd30

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex Hall

Reaction score
Hi there, Alex here,
I joined your forum hoping someone out there can help with some info.
I have a 2006 d22 with zd30 and approx 100000 kms. when starting from cold or after sitting for a while the oil light takes approx 2 seconds to go out.
if i start it fairly soon after it has run the light goes out immediately. I suspect there is a oil drainback valve causing this but i cant find a engine diagram to verify/see how hard to fix if its the problem, any one had a similar problem. thanks

My 2006 ST-R does this aswell, takes about 2-3 seconds for the light to turn off after a cold start. I am fairly certain it used to turn off quicker than that when i first bought it but haven't been able to figure it out why it now takes longer than what it first did.

My 2006 str does the same thing. While I was up at Fraser island every morning I did a fluids check and oil was about 15-20mm over the full mark. I asked my mate who works for Nissan and he said that after being left for a while the filter drains back and there's nothing to worry about. I kicked it over waited for the oil light to go out then turned it off and checked my oil level and it was spot on full every morning.

^ What he said.

The engine would of been !@#$%^ along time ago if there was a problem.

I have come to accept its normal a long time ago, just for the life of me couldnt figure out why the time to build up oil pressure would have changed in the first place. I did swap to Valvoline Durablend just after purchase but that shouldn't have made much difference. Oh well.

Thanks for your reassurance, i was wondering if using non genuine oil filter was the cause.

Latest posts

Back