Perth Roll Call!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
spoke to a few guys that did it the other weekend even the chicken tracks are getting chopped out should make for a white knuckle day :)

hahah im close to perth...650 odd km away in Kalgoorlie!! I got me a 2008 Blue King Cab Fuel Drinking Tray back!!!!!!!!!! WOOT

Hi George,
Your email has been sent to me for a direct response.

IR17;m assuming you mean the 4 wd drive circuit along the power line track near Sawyers ValleyR30;R30;.R21;History in Hills” from the publication 4WD Days out of Perth.

I would’nt recommend you consider traveling along this track in an AWD vehicle, especially in the winter. 4WD vehicles get into trouble at this time of the year.

Regards

Jamie Ridley
Parks and Visitor Services Coordinator
Dept. of Environment and Conservation
Perth Hills District
Reception: (08) 9295 9100
Mobile: 429 929 003

looks like i wont be able to do the track :(

i'll see if i can get my mate to take his terrano to the track, least it is 4wd!

As Navvy said there are tracks around the tuff stuff. Why don't you bring it up anyway to check it out and if it's too much then park at the servo or sumthin and jump in the terrano or with one of us. Would be a shame not to bring it up and see u could get through ok.

I am going to be up in glen forrest on the weekend so i'll try and pass by to check it out.

Was down south on sat and had to pass through a flooded shale track, deepest part was pushing just over the bonnet, case of hold on, foot to floor and eyes closed... haha
Nav did it wicked tho, 2nd gear low range just had to keep revs up. Smashed front number plate tho...

well my mate can go! woo!

so we're all meeting at the servo station corner of great eastern high way and old sawyers road?

probably meet around 10-10:30am and depart for the track latest 10:45am which is enough time to get food, fuel, drinks, etc.

we'll all check our tyres and maybe even drop the pressures down using those automatic pressure pumps that servos have.

check that we got all the recovery gear and that it is all in working order.

all get onto the same channel on the UHF's, channel 16.

check under the bonnet to see that all hoses and clamps are tight and that the air filters are all sealed up incase we do go through water to prevent any engine failures.

i also suggest we all mount up a shackle (load rated) to the front recovery point with the snatch strap attached so that incase we get stuck in water we dont have to dive under and try connect it up, haha

map:
meetj.png

everyone happy with this?

Yeah i'm good with 10,

have any of you fitted front recovery hooks to your d22? I was looking for some last week and the guy at "the 4wd shop" in ascot said they'll have some in this week but is not sure if they will fit the existing holes on the chassis.

Also, if u think there'll be water, i extended the rear diff breather last week before going south, for about $30 and 15mins it took to do i'm so glad i did.

The existing bolt holes for the D22 recovery hook is 72mm between centres, way bigger than the ones you can buy off the shelf at Supercheap/most Auto shops. Someone said that the stock recovery hook off the Patrol will fit straight on so maybe a wrecker is our best bet.

bad news i will be unable to make it have been called out to work :( have a great time

bugger

ah well mate, we'll try get plenty of pics for ya and we'll have an idea of whether or not we will do it again, though i reckon we will.

mud holes, steep hills, river crossing...and thats just the start of the fun! haha

oh well, try not to enjoy work

BUMP

can we get a confirmation list of whos going?

george (meself)
daniel (mates whos car i'm borrowing)
bryan (roundy)
daddymatty86
daddymatty86's brother
t-roy
mates friend with a navara (maybe)
mates friend with a hilux (maybe, and if he does, lets see how many times he has to be pulled out XD )
stove

Last edited:
im definitely there and my bro is coming also my mate is trying to fix his range rover in time to come but its not looking to good at the moment cant wait its gonna be legendary

gday all.
so the trip is on the 6th of september then??? ill b there if im not workin away. i get my 3" lift on wednesday the 26th. cant wait to test it out

The existing bolt holes for the D22 recovery hook is 72mm between centres, way bigger than the ones you can buy off the shelf at Supercheap/most Auto shops. Someone said that the stock recovery hook off the Patrol will fit straight on so maybe a wrecker is our best bet.

Thanks for the tip Jason, my brother in-law has a new patrol so i will look into it.

Yeah t-roy, 6th of sept, just over 2 weeks away. Sounds like it's going to be a great day

gday all.
so the trip is on the 6th of september then??? ill b there if im not workin away. i get my 3" lift on wednesday the 26th. cant wait to test it out

hey mate can i ask where you got your 3" lift and how much you paid for it i got mine from snake racing for $2700

Latest posts

Back