Perth Roll Call!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ouch that sucks. Heading back up to Julimar tomorrow. Not gonna try the mud run this time. I like my Nav dry on the inside. Haha. Maybe after next swing il look at the Xrox bar and a winch.

Might change my diff ratios when the diff are open aswell. the old girl has turned into a bit of a slug with the 33's on. will only do it if I can get part for both ends under 1000

Julimar was the wettest and softest I've ever seen it. Lots of fun! Finally had to rescue/recover my mate in his pootrol quite a few times.

Attachments

• image-1571681051.jpg
    image-1571681051.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 84
I am heading up to Seabird and doing the sand track back to Two Rocks. Taking my two little ones along for a ride tomorrow. If any one wants to tag along feel free.
Is there any where to air up at the end? My compressor is out of action.

Two Rocks should have a servo with a compressor, should be a 1 - 2 km drive from the exit on the road to the servo. if you go slow there should be no harm in running low pressures on the road

Didn't make it to Two Rocks, got well bogged at the lighthouse near Guilderton. Then was offended you had to pay for air!!

Hey guys. Anyone been out lately since all the rain? This threads been pretty quiet.

I went to Dwellingup during the rain and it was AWESOME!! Although it cost me a front transfer seal (grrrr). Not to mention both my diffs are probably full of water.

But still, awesome mud sections, huge puddles almost like river crossings.

Get in while it's still wet.

I went to Dwellingup during the rain and it was AWESOME!! Although it cost me a front transfer seal (grrrr). Not to mention both my diffs are probably full of water. But still, awesome mud sections, huge puddles almost like river crossings. Get in while it's still wet.

Ahh that sounds awesome. Apart from damage from water n mud, but the trip itself woulda been wicked hey!!

I'm still suffering a noisy AC bearing and temperamental starter after my last wet outing at Julimar. But it was awesome fun. It was even better seeing the Nav float over the boggy ground then watch my mates pootrol sink like a lead balloon everytime. Hahaha

Yeah, we went as part of a bucks day. Camped out down there at the Adventure camp joint (actual name unknown).

Was not difficult work just fun. Had a variety of makes and model and every got through. I only did damage because i'm careless and didn't really give a shit about damage. Had i been going slower instead of plowing bow waves, i probably would have got away damage free.

But it is good 4wding down there at the moment.

Yeah I go through an AC compressor every year because of mud and water. Need a new one at the moment actually.

I have gotten mine in the past from niss4x4 in melbourne, they are around 200 bucks sent over from memory.

Do you know what type you need as I have one at home from a different model D22 than mine. I can take a pic and post it up on here if you are interested.

I went out last weekend to the byford hills to ride motos with a bunch of mates, we ended up getting busted by the water corp as apparently its a water catchment area. Suck balls that there is becoming less and less places for us to go and have a bit of fun.

Yeah I go through an AC compressor every year because of mud and water. Need a new one at the moment actually. I have gotten mine in the past from niss4x4 in melbourne, they are around 200 bucks sent over from memory. Do you know what type you need as I have one at home from a different model D22 than mine. I can take a pic and post it up on here if you are interested. I went out last weekend to the byford hills to ride motos with a bunch of mates, we ended up getting busted by the water corp as apparently its a water catchment area. Suck balls that there is becoming less and less places for us to go and have a bit of fun.

$200 is cheap for an AC compressor!! Bargain. Not sure of compressor model I need, laying on the couch and not in the shed for once. Haha. But it's an 03 STR. Zd30.

Had both of my diffs rebuilt this week by WA diffs in O Conner. Very good work. Had the E Lockers put in (I did the wiring), new carrier and pinion bearings and pinion oil seal, 4.88 ratios put in.

The Nav now pulls hard off the lights. Its like having 29's on it again. Revs at 2500rpm at 100km/hr and 2800rpm at 120km/hr. Will be taking it off road this weekend to test low range and both lockers. I must say this has been an expensive exercise...........

Not bad revs for that ratio diff's. That seems better than stock rpm, mine is around 2700 at 100km/h... Be interesting to see how accurate the speedo and odometer are now

Latest posts

Back