Probably get banned for this...

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
getting there, tomorrow should have 90% all done and maybe test running.

photo12jh.jpg

photo13co.jpg

the water side of the cooling system is totally plumbed in and the 2nd battery relocation to the tray box is complete.

tomorrow is the crazy task of chopping up the supercharger pipework to fit the intercooler :p

finally done... was a real effort to get the supercharger outlet to intercooler inlet side done. theres also 1 or 2 small leaks that i confirmed with a soapy water test, but i'll sort them later... cruising through the gears its wanting to sit around the high 100's, low 200s hehehehehe

photo18nlc.jpg

photo17xu.jpg

photo19m.jpg

finally done... was a real effort to get the supercharger outlet to intercooler inlet side done. theres also 1 or 2 small leaks that i confirmed with a soapy water test, but i'll sort them later... cruising through the gears its wanting to sit around the high 100's, low 200s hehehehehe
what's that, l/100km fuel usage? Lol, nah, just kidding. Looks pretty good, definitely different to the standard Turbo setups

Good work George.

Leave that Detroit Series 60 pipe on. They were a great engine.

How's she drive mate ?

i knew i should of flipped that damn pipe around! i'll try flip the sticker around so it looks right haha, if only it were series 75...

so far with a nice warm 35C day it wants to average at about 250C cruising, even going up a slight gradient it keeps pretty low. best thing is that during gear shifts you can see the temps drop by 50C+ within a second or so, its got a much faster recovery time. i've given it a few thrashes and it keeps surprisingly low temps!

Love it. Be careful of 5th gear though.

Those 1HZ boxes aren't designed for turbo sorta power.

If you blow it, put a 1HDFTE box behind it.

that box towed a 3t trailer daily for 12 years and not an issue apart from that big chunk of gear that fell out of the transfer LOL

cant believe its 14 years old though...

but its crazy driving it sometimes, you go from 3rd to 4th and just expect it to lug for a bit then catch the revs up, however 3rd to 4th feels like 2nd to 3rd, has that nice constant pull to it.

i'll have a set of snake racing dually D2 wide spread LED lights to go on shortly, these ones:
http://store.snakeracing.com.au/~snakerac/product_info.php?products_id=4183&osCsid=4a9550ef1a3934469476283f40d3fa9b

i know i know, snake racing is over priced, however i havent found anywhere else that has such a supposedly good light and such bulk good feedback.

also i'm quitting my boilermaker apprenticeship... got an offer from Fortescue Metals Group as a mobile fitter, 1st year apprentice wage is 85K... i fell over nearly! if i get that (shouldnt be too hard, i have a contact wink wink) then i'll put a new car (new daily) on order.

no maloo's, no fpv's, a 2011 v8 cruiser ute is a maybe, however maybe one of you nissan drivers can convince me to get something else haha. wasnt there talk of a nissan with a cummins engine????

lol i want it

cheers, it'll be good to have my life/career pretty much set with that job. couldnt ask for anything better really.

only thing i miss about the d22 is the fuel economy and that it could over take better.

actually i might get a bt50 4x2, make good skid cars COUGH work utes... they actually fly, drive one if you get the chance!

Latest posts

Back