Queensland Navara Dodgy Mechanics Days

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sweeet! i love a challenge! I'll be there bright and early at 8am, i'll bring some drink, but i won't have the fridge in the nav, you have some space for a few cans ray?

So what projects do we have to get done?

for me:
- install lights in canopy
- clean a few things in the engine bay and fish oil the chassis rails
- refit transfer case bash plate, if i can sort my sump guard out, refit that too.

helping ya'll!

Ray
here is a list of people that have said they are coming on sat

Rusty
Joshman
Bryce
Bvandermaat
Al
Alphabet ??
Gonzo

If i have missed you out copy, past and add your name

Ray
i see in one of the pics of your house you have a dog.
now my question, is your yard fully fenced?
If so can i bring my dog so hes not home all day without me (just to give him something to do)
if not its all good

My bash plates have just arrived. Should be all ready to go provided I have got everything I need.
IMG_20111020_173247.jpg

Will head out tonight for the catch can and grab the extra fittings for it tomorrow after work.

Ok I am not sure what I'm gonna have to do. Hopefully these bashplates turn up and they can be fitted. I am sticking my chip in tomoz. So for those that wish to test drive they can. I have a catch can to go in and have to refit the heat shield around exhaust but have to fab some brackets up.

I'll bring my portable stick welder and ramps and a bunch of tools. I have a 89mm holesaw thats already packed and cutting lubricant to suit for those that are slamming snorkel on. Who bringing the camera? Hehe

I hope the Ironman bash plates turn up for everyone. Sounds like a worked filled day. Just got my catch can from Autobarn. If I didn't need it for Saturday I would have got it from flebay as it was $72 and another $30 for the two filters.

Well Yeh if the plated turn up it'll be a full on day. I got my catch can from mtq turbos Queensland at archerfield. It's specifically designed for turbo diesels and looks alright. Only cost me $99 now I have just gotta get fittings for it and a bracket.

If so can i bring my dog so hes not home all day without me (just to give him something to do)
if not its all good

What sort of dog do you have Bryce? Leela might be a bit funny with another dog in the yard. She does play a lot with the Jack Russell next door though. Yep the yard is gated. I can always tie her up until they get used to each other, (and she behaves). She can be a bit nutty.

The Toyota airbox turned up today with what looks like a pretty good filter in it, (Thanks Dan!), and I have to get some steel brackets etc from Bunnies tomorrow, plus see how this is all going to line up. I can see theres a lip that has to be ground off, plus possibly a reducer to buy and some tube.

Wow, this will be fun.

Last edited:
RustyNav09 said:
Well Yeh if the plated turn up it'll be a full on day. I got my catch can from mtq turbos Queensland at archerfield. It's specifically designed for turbo diesels and looks alright. Only cost me $99 now I have just gotta get fittings for it and a bracket.

For a bracket, have a look at using a hoseclamp. it's simple and effective.

For a bracket, have a look at using a hoseclamp. it's simple and effective.

Yeh im thinking about it but my design of catch can is different to the calibre style ones etc. I'll have to put it on a bracket next to the fuel filter. See how I go. Got the day off tomoz so ill be shopping for parts.

Ray. He's a border collie. 7month old pup. Ill bring him along there are plenty of people to hide behind if they don't get along.
Even without the bash plates I think there will be plenty to keep us busy for the day.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Forum Runner

Mad day. The dogs should be fine. Once they sniff each others butts it'll be settled.

After tomoz ill know what needs finishing on my car.

Rusty

do you need anymore tools, jacks axle stands etc? i don't need anything done, but am able to give a hand to anyone that needs it. I guess i could throw in my car wash stuff and give her a wash lol

do you need anymore tools, jacks axle stands etc? i don't need anything done, but am able to give a hand to anyone that needs it. I guess i could throw in my car wash stuff and give her a wash lol

dunno mate. bring what you think may be of use throughout the day. if bashplates turn up we are gonna need a few sets of ramps and socket sets etc. im bringing my welding gear just in case, picked up some new electrodes today as i was running short. ahm yeh apart from that i dunno.

bring your talent cause this airbox for ray is gonna be a ripper of a job.

Rusty

I am desperately trying to get there.... Still at work hopefully fly out of here tomorrow afternoon. Without the bashplates I don't have much to do( boss won't let me buy anything for a while) but I am keen to help everyone and am keen to learn. See how things pan out tomorrow.

See how you go Anthony, we'll be here all day I think anyway. Yeah the ol airbox will not be a 5min job, but there will be a way to do it. Even if I don't actually get it installed the ideas on the best way will be a big help anyway.

Would be great to have the day off. I am stuck at work, might head out at lunch and see what I can grab to fit the catch can.
Let us know how you go finding that reducer Ray. I ended up having to order mine off the net.

Latest posts

Back