Queensland Navara Dodgy Mechanics Days

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found a few places that have silicone reducer hoses, not cheap though, most want around $40-$50, but having done a quick trial fit for space just now, that toyota box is HUGE. I don't know if it will clear the air con pump, but we'll see. Probably have to take the water trap off the bottom, shorten the intake tube to the box, etc. If it doesn't work I'll have an airbox for sale, :sarcastic: Although Cleasc did get his airbox fitted into his V6 so its not impossible.

Last edited:
I'll say!. But anyway, been pulling the stock airbox apart, and if I can do it similar to how Cleasc has done his here in this photo http://www.navara.asia/diy-modifica...landcruiser-80-series-airbox-into-d22-12.html it should work.

Just need to get some 45 degree 70mm elbows, some 70mm Memorex intake tubing etc, and the reducer from the toyota box. Will be waiting for more knowledgeable input tomorrow from the experts before I proceed though, :big_smile:

Looks like I am not coming.... Very disappointed. On the positive side gives me chance to save up for boost/egt gauge.... And snorkel and hopefully when there is another day on I can come and use the knowledge and experiences from fellow nav owners.

NO BASH PLATES.
Just got off the phone from john (zordo) and there is still no word from ironman about the bash plates. They might still be weeks away. that saves me the 5min trip to johns to pick them up.

See you all tomorrow

That sucks there are no bash plates. I guess many small jobs will be getting done.
Would have been good if you could have made it Alpha. Looks like there will have to be another day soon then.

Wow that's a sucks about the plates and loosing a couple to work requirements. It should still be a mad day and another day will be coming up.

On a positive notice the chip and boost controller are in and holy s*** it goes. I can't understand why I didn't do it earlier. I have a rattle but I know where it is coming from so ill have to tighten the clamp on the exhaust

I'll be interested to see how the chips go, might have to take me for a drive rusty can it be disabled on the fly?

I'll be interested to see how the chips go, might have to take me for a drive rusty can it be disabled on the fly?

no probs. no it cant be disabled on the fly cause i didnt get the dual MAP switch like i was going to. but if the EGT gets to high it turns the tune back to standard until it cools down then turns it back on.

atm i have the controller set at 575degrees Celsius but i havent been able to get it to far past 400deg Cel so im gonna turn the controller down a bit to suit this.

Well big thanks to Ray for opening his garage up to a navara dodgey day and what a day it was. Various installs were done including snorkel install, bashplate install, lights in canopy and many headsade rays landcruiser box a breeze and shall be installed soon. Plus the highlight of the day the test drives of the chipped vehicles which led to more chips being high on the to do list.

Thanks again Ray and lunch was fantastic. Give thanks to your wife for preparation and putting up with us blokes for a day.

And no my chip has not been removed yet for a higher tune :p. Gotta find the rattle first

I was very surprised how much a difference the chips make. I had always considered them a unneeded mod but i will have one fitted asap. Ray and family were great hosts and i want to say thanks. good way to spend a day.

Thanks everyone for coming over, makes some of the jobs a bit easier with more than one head around. Just out in the shed making finishing off the brackets for the catch can/egr canister move, and then starting on grinding the toyota airbox bits that aren't needed. It was good watching the snorkel install on Bryces speed machine, looked a bit easier than I thought it would be.

I'll wack some photos up later tonight, Drop in anytime you feel like doing some work/mods to the Navs :cheers!:

Thanks again Ray for hosting the day.
It was great to be able to see what mods the others had done and to get help adding mods.
Cheers Rusty and Al for the help with sticking the bash plate on.
Looking forward to the next day.

Thanks everyone for coming over, makes some of the jobs a bit easier with more than one head around. Just out in the shed making finishing off the brackets for the catch can/egr canister move, and then starting on grinding the toyota airbox bits that aren't needed. It was good watching the snorkel install on Bryces speed machine, looked a bit easier than I thought it would be.

I'll wack some photos up later tonight, Drop in anytime you feel like doing some work/mods to the Navs :cheers!:

Let me know when you have you snorkel and bits ready to complete and ill pop over and give you a hand. It's quite easy but daunting watching the 90mm saw go through it. Gotta wait to hear from bryce on his completed snorkel. I'm sure he will just need 2x3" 90deg bends and about 8" of straight 3" tubing and few clamps.

Got my snorkel finished today. 2x3" right angle silicone bends and a 30degree bend from the exhaust shop.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Forum Runner

Nice work bryce. Put a pic up. So the 30degree bend is just to bring it down to meet the airbox? Also how long did it need to be? Just so ray can take down a to get list for his snorkel.

Cheers
Rusty

Latest posts

Back