Queensland Navara Dodgy Mechanics Days

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would be great actually, as about the only place I have found that I can get ALL of the angles/reducers/flex hose from to do the airbox mod is a place in the UK, still cheaper than buying it here though. I'll add an extra 2 x 3" 90 degree angles to my order to cover the snorkel job and source the xtra 30 deg pipe locally, :cheers!:

I have spent ages nutting out what is actually required to do this, ID and OD measurements and reducers etc do my head in!!

Nope. No pic sorry. My sister has borrowed my camera and couldn't get my phone to take a good one. Just got 2 bends from super cheap. And a 30degree bend from the exhaust shop. All parts needed to be trimmed to fit. And it was a Pita

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Forum Runner

The exhaust bend was $20 from the exhaust shop in mild steel. And I just gave it a quick paint. I wish I got my bends from the net. They were $40 each from super cheap

Ok thanks Bryce, as long as its all hooked up and running well!

I ordered my silicone hoses/alum tube/flex tube from a place in the UK last night, plus quite a few s/s clamps. Quite a bit cheaper than buying it from Supercheap etc, I sat down and did the sums first, about $120.00 worth. Should arrive in 10 days, woohoo!

I'll be able to check the other adaptors needed once I get the snorkel ordered as well.

Good stuff ray should be a smoother running car was this is all hooked up.

Hey bryce how is the snorkel going? Any improvements or intake noise?

Rusty

Rusty
There is some noise from the snorkel but not as loud as yours or al's. From the short driving I have done and the cheap gauge I have I think it has dropped intake temps 4-5° which can only be a good thing.

Ray
I would drill a 92mm hole not a 89mm. That way you can put the bend on the snorkel b4 putting the snorkel on the car. As there isn't enough room. I had to file the hole bigger to get it to fit.

Just finished fitting my turbo. I am very impressed. Still waiting on the heat proofing to arrive in the mail which should be on Monday.
Still have not found anywhere to mount the intercooler under the bonnet so it looks like I will be front mounting it.
Maybe I should invest in a bigger intercooler huh.

Has anyone heard from Zordo about the bashplates?

How did you go with the airbox Ray?

I just read on another thread that John has received 5 sets of the bashplates if I'm correct.

The airbox install is coming along vereerrryyyy slowly, have only had 2 silicone bits delivered from the UK so far, rest are due next week. And then hopefully it all lines up/goes in as planned, :cheers!:
Good job on the turbo install as well,

That is good some plates have arrived. I image a few more then 5 would have been ordered.

Good to hear the air box is coming along. You will have to take some pictures once you have it all together.

I'm in. If noone can pick them up I have day off Friday and ill pick them up if needed. Or if someone is hfeading down this way can they pick them up and drop them at mine and can pick them up from me if needed.

Bryce ill be home tomoz arvo if you wanna drop mine and rays off here and ill take rays to him when I go see my rents?

Let me know mate. If not next week is perfect

I fly home Tuesday night and have arranged to pick up mine on Wednesday. I will keep an eye on this thread and see what you guys come up with. Be good to catch up with ray and meet the rest!

I know I have to work next Saturday, one of those "once a year things" that seems to happen least when you want them. But I'll keep checking to see what everyone is doing and go from there. I'm happy to host another day, or meet at someone elses place, but at this stage I can only do Sunday.

I'll keep an eye on here. If you want ray ill grab them on Friday from John and you can grab them from me on tor way passed oneday? I have next Friday off and all Saturday. I can't host it but would be in for a helping someone out.

Latest posts

Back