Really starting to piss me off...

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine did this twice when new - especially if I lost traction in the wet, over revved. The said knock sensor put it in limp mode - I rang nissan and they told me how to reset it quickly and took off again. Took it back to them & never happened since.

My work Patrol with the ZD30 is doing the exact same things. I was almost t boned but a semi from it doing it. Does yours do nothing up to about half throttle and then will slowly excelerate with the foot flat to the floor?
I have taken it to good ole nissan in town but they can never fix it, they keep telling me I have water in my fuel but everytime I test it the fuel is clean.

I had a similar problem with my D40 and found it to be a failed vacuum hose. Check here: http://www.navara.asia/d40-engine/7121-no-grunt-under-load.html

Hey guys,
I have not had the car in 5 times. They 4th time cost me $370 cause they said it was something to do with the injectors and fuel filters and i needed them clean. So i had this done at my cost, then you guessed it a week later it happened again. Then happened 3 more times the week after. It has now gone into a different nissan dealer so they can have a look. The guy i spoke to was very helpful, but said nothing came up on all of there scans and nothing happened while they had it. They cleaned all the terminals, but he said he wasnt sure if they is even the problem. So doesnt know weather it has been fixed.
Getting sick of taking it in every week for them to look at and return saying they could not find anything wrong. If its not fixed soon it will have to go...

If this continues to happen just take it back and ask for a refund as the vehicle is obviously not fit for purpose.The fact it looses power and is dangerous should make someone look harder.You will however need to find a way to doccument the issues so you can prove the issue is happening often.

lemon Laws
Karla Pincott
12 May 2011
Cars for sale | New & Used Cars | Car news, reviews & blogs at carsguide.com.au

New laws aim to end service and warranty hassles -- if you get a dud, you can claim a replacement.

You used to have Buckley's chance of returning a dreaded lemon to the car dealer for a replacement or a refund.

As for being compensated for the inconvenience, aggravation, lost income and costs racked up while taking the car from hell to the dealer for a further non-fix under warranty, well, make that virtually no chance either.

Many Australian consumers have tried but only a few very determined people have succeeded, usually after long, expensive battles against squads of car company lawyers in various courts.

The new Australian Consumer Law (ACL), developed by the states and the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission, came into force on January 1 this year. It's not as tough as US lemon laws, but it gives you much more protection than the maze of state and federal consumer regulations you previously had to navigate to make a case that your car resembled a particularly bitter variety of citrus fruit.

The Australian Consumer Law applies to most goods and services, including new and used cars, except those bought at auction or private sale, where you're still basically on your own.

When you buy a car from a dealer, you now have the protection of legally enforceable consumer guarantees, including that the car is of acceptable quality (which includes being safe, free from defects and durable) and reasonably fit for any purpose you specify when buying it, such as towing.

If you have what the ACL calls a major failure with your car, you are entitled to return it to the dealer to claim a refund, or a replacement -- your choice of an identical new car or one of similar value.

A major failure is when a reasonable consumer would not have bought the car if they had known about the problem, or when the car is substantially unfit for its normal purpose.

In other words -- the car is a lemon.

If you have a minor problem with the car, the dealer is still allowed to fix it under warranty. If you have to get your car fixed at another workshop, you're entitled to claim the cost from the dealer who sold you the car.

However, if the dealer can't fix the problem within a reasonable time, you are also entitled to a refund or a replacement.

Hey guys, sorry to bring up an old post. But Im still have problems with the car. It has been back to nissan 8 times now. It is still there, i have not had my car for the past 2 weeks. They gave me a replacement car, which is a Triton.... go figure. I have called nissan australia 4 times now, and its at the point where they dont really want to help. They said they cant get it to fault and cant get a readout so they cant fix it. They just want to hand it back. I gave them the car and said i didnt want it back until it was fixed as it is unsafe to drive. I tow a trailer round 6 days of the week, so its not safe when it cuts out when crossing 3 lanes of traffic, which it has done before.

Where can i go from here, this is just getting stupid.

I dont know if this would work on a navara but on my work patrol it was doing this once or twice a day so lately I have been pumping up the fuel line and emptying the fuel bleed once a week and it seems to have stoped it

Suggest checking the vaccum lines, mentioned by others.
Go back to Kraftypg's post re; lemon laws and let em have it! Get Dept of consumer affairs involved.

Last edited:
I had a problem with the voltages from the relay feeding the ecu randomly fluctuating and doing same thing.Nissan couldnt help .a mechanic patiently traced issues back to this from incorrect voltage values being present on his scan tool(I also got no correct codes registering.had a cam sensor code then a crank and replaced them to no avail)he swapped a demister relay and viola!bloody thing was so simple yet soooo painful. Good luck

Oh really, thats interesting. So was your car showing the same problems? I have gone 3 weeks without the car now, they still have no idea. Apparently i will be getting an answer to exactly what is happening on monday. But going by nissan track record of returning calls i will not hear a thing. Ill prob have to call up myself again.

Sounds like your gunna hav2 suggest all these things mentioned to them. It mmust b frustrating for you. As you can tell Nissan obviously don't document these BUG faults so that other dealers can benifit. We'd be in the dark without this forum. CHEERS to those adding bits n those running it eh!

Just an update. I never got my answer on monday, they didnt even call me. I called them at 5 and the manager was in a meeting, and would call me back straight away. No call, so i called back tuesday at 5. Same thing, in a meeting again.... Weds morning i finally get a call from the manager from Nissan Australia in melbourne. Sorry I have no answer for you... Useless.
Still nothing and i still have not got my car back. Nearly 5 weeks now. Well done nissan.

Your gunna be in it for the loooong haul if you spar with em eh. I did it back in 2000. Drives you mad and they go home at night and forget who you are. It is a carefull balance for you. Not being so nice that they don't take seriously, but not too harsh that they switch off n block you. They are aware of the new consumer laws but I'll bet they test em to the limit. Tony has great advice that I also subscribe to now that I've been there. "You'll get the best out of a friend." No acid tongue!
You've taken a hard stand by refusing to take the car home without a result. They have acknowledged the legitimacy of your problem by giving you a car. Try to enjoy the Triton and be patient. Big wigs will try to wait you out. It's strategy to them, n personal to you. Your in the game. Be clever.
Sh1t I sound like a dad.
Keep us posted. PM me if I can help

Just an update. I never got my answer on monday, they didnt even call me. I called them at 5 and the manager was in a meeting, and would call me back straight away. No call, so i called back tuesday at 5. Same thing, in a meeting again.... Weds morning i finally get a call from the manager from Nissan Australia in melbourne. Sorry I have no answer for you... Useless.
Still nothing and i still have not got my car back. Nearly 5 weeks now. Well done nissan.

Hi Tim, Tim I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but we had a problem with an old mazda we had loosing power and it turned out to be a small wire guaze filter worth about 5 cents on top of the fuel pump where the fuel line went into the injector pump. Now i'm not familiar with the d40's injection system but they may have something similar.

Hope you get it sorted.

Cheers,
Worm

Hi Tim, Tim I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but we had a problem with an old mazda we had loosing power and it turned out to be a small wire guaze filter worth about 5 cents on top of the fuel pump where the fuel line went into the injector pump. Now i'm not familiar with the d40's injection system but they may have something similar.

Hope you get it sorted.

Cheers,
Worm

That too is a common problem with the 3ltr patrol .....and don't drop that filter it blends in really well to whatever background and is really difficult to find :)

Any luck Tim? Don't wanna add to your grief, just wonderin how your goin with it?

Just wondering Tim if you have tried another dealer......I've gotta say that I'm pretty pleased with the boys at Lennock Motors in Canberra....they seemed to be quite skilled diesel techs. Now the other Canberra Nissan dealer I don't have much time for following a whole host of issues I had with my patrol but they shall remain nameless. Just thinking that if you are close by to Canberra you might ask the Lennock guys.....or maybe even give their workshop manager a call.

Hey guys, sorry i didnt respond earlier, i have been overseas. Just got back, and no messages left from nissan. I still have the triton. Its now week 6 or starting week 7. Its just stupid. Before i left last week i got a call saying they are going to replace the common rail, and surrounding parts. And of course they dont have this in stock, and of course it needs to come from spain. So its another 2 weeks wait on this part. Then once this is done, they want to give it back to me. Im not convinced that this will fix the problem, as they told me the last 8 times they had fixed it and they had not. It took 1200kms of the foreman driving it to make it faul, so does that mean they will need it for that long to make sure they have fixed it.

This is the second dealer it has been to. They are very good there and very helpful, but they are held back by nissan australia, they cant do things until they get the go ahead from them, which is just making everything super slow.

It's encouraging to see them still at it. Some wheels turn slower eh.
Sounds like you have a good team workin on it now.
Hope they document it all for reference for others. Thanks for taking the time to update the Forum at least we will have a reference here.
Gotta be difficult to own a car you don't drive, sounds like you got your head around that too. Well done.
You would have to wonder when you have it back if n when It may fault. Would they keep it a while and drive it? May be a good Idea, If you can stand it. Better it fails on one of them than your family....Hope it is a success.
I work on roads n see people take big risks turning in front of traffic, as ya do, and I'm reminded of your experiences. Makes me take less risks.
Cheers n GOOD luck.

I had this same cutout problem once a couple of months ago. Was doing 100 in cruise control then put my foot down to pull out to pass another car and nothing happened. Car would maintain speed but nothing else. After pulling over there was hardly enough power to get going again - very slow to get moving. Definately no fault codes or warning lights to indicate anything wrong. Turning the engine off & on again fixed the problem. Left it with Nissan to check it out and they said it was a problem with the fuel pump which needed recalibrating and wouldnt give me any more detail. Not sure how true this was as they were working on it all day but havn't had it happen again and done another 8000K since. Hope they get to the bottom of your soon.

Back