Really starting to piss me off...

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can we confirm what models are suffering from this power loss? So far, it appears to be restricted to the Spanish 2010 D40s.

I've got a mate at work who has a late 2007 build STX bought in Feb 2008 and he had this problem. It confused the hell out of the guys at Lennock and it was only fixed once the entire rail and harness had been replaced.

i have a 07 spainish manual d40 stx which is doing this.... only when you accelerate rapidly. goes into a limp mode where it will idle and wont rev....
turning car off and on is only way to fix.... but sometime stuck on side of road for 20mins as it starts and dies instantly.... continue to keep starting and she starts up and runs like nothing has happened... have had scan tool on it and unable to fkn track this down too....

i cannot 'make' this happen its a random thing... much like an overboost feature.... going into limp mode.... has happened to missus while overtaking a car on country roads and im sick of it...

Tony my 08 STX does this too as per previous posts in other threads, took to nissan when it was in warranty but no code showing. Took video of Nav when it happened and posted it on youtube to show no CEL light illuminating. Nissan said they need a code to be able to rectify.

Is yours still doing it? Can we have a look at the vacuum lines leading to the turbocharger actuator for splits, cracks or loose connections? What happens to the little arm inside your actuator while idling the engine, then lightly revving up to about 1500rpm?

Thinkin you'd have to eliminate the MAFS as the problem by cleaning it. How's the air cleaner also? Is it maybe dirty restricting flow?

Idle air Learn

Prior to buying Navara I owned an X-Trail. This exact same problem occured almost daily and is as you say extremely dangerous as it occurs when you need the power.

I took mine to Nissan and to my own mechanic. Both said that nothing was wrong however I managed to get Nissan to come for a drive with me, it took half an hour but eventually the did its thing and Nissan old mate said that it was probably an Idle Air Learn. Has something to do with sensors that get out of sync as different things are running and happening. It got fixed and I bought a Navara the next week :big_smile:

Hey Guys,
Now going into week 9. Still no progress. We had a lawyer write up a letter to nissan australia giving them 28 days to get it sorted or money back. Sent it tuesday 2 weeks ago and got a call back Wednesday the following week, the guy said he only just got it. Strange, didn't think it took over a week to post a letter to Melbourne from Brisbane. But anyway, heres the good part, yet again. He said he has not read it completely but has had a quick look over it. Once he has finished reading it he would give me a call back in a bit. I then asked how long is a bit? Cause everyone else down there never calls back. He replied i will call back in a few days or end of the week at the latest.... That was last Friday. NOTHING!!!! Yet again! No call again today(monday) So i called back the number he called me from. It just rang out and went to the answering machine. So i left a message... Dont worry im not holding my breathe.

That's pathetic, but obvious. Waiting you out.
A big move on your part. One they may not know how to match immediately.
Are they working on the car, waiting for parts.......?
Looking for a solution, apart from detailing a newby for ya?
This is serious and I hope you don't have much more grief.

I did have a lemon Pulsar in 2000 and one of my more aggressive moves was to park it in front of the Dealership with a not so little sign on it. Opened all sorts of doors. I was not favoured but did get taken seriously.

Hey Guys,
Now going into week 9. Still no progress. We had a lawyer write up a letter to nissan australia giving them 28 days to get it sorted or money back. Sent it tuesday 2 weeks ago and got a call back Wednesday the following week, the guy said he only just got it. Strange, didn't think it took over a week to post a letter to Melbourne from Brisbane. But anyway, heres the good part, yet again. He said he has not read it completely but has had a quick look over it. Once he has finished reading it he would give me a call back in a bit. I then asked how long is a bit? Cause everyone else down there never calls back. He replied i will call back in a few days or end of the week at the latest.... That was last Friday. NOTHING!!!! Yet again! No call again today(monday) So i called back the number he called me from. It just rang out and went to the answering machine. So i left a message... Dont worry im not holding my breathe.

IMO I wouldn't bother calling them back now. Wait the 28 days and then ramp up to the next level (as advised by your lawyer). Hang out for your money back and document everything along the way!

Happened again to me this afternoon. Was towing my scissor lift trailer and car started not feeling right, five seconds later into limp mode with no CEL. I was at traffic lights. Turn off ignition to reset and tried to restart and the car stalled a couple of times. When it stalled the CEL light came on. Im hoping some sort of code was recorded when it stalled that might point Nissan in the right direction. There are a number of post discussing this issue would be great to pin point the problem.

Still no call back from them today. Not surprised really. I have given up on that. The guys at the dealer ship told me that they are now waiting on a part for it. This was advised from Nissan Australia down in Melbourne. He ordered the park over 2 weeks ago and has heard nothing. He has been trying to find out everyday, but no response. The part is coming from Spain of course, so will be weeks away im guessing. Dont know why they cant just take it off one of the many navaras they have sitting in all there showrooms or workshops Australia wide.

You could invoke the lemon laws. Thing is, it's happening to a lot of vehicles.

Beergutz, I'd really like to look under your bonnet, particularly when this sort of thing happens. I'd like to take a good close look at the vacuum lines connected to your turbocharger's actuator as well as the actuator itself. It just sounds so much like the turbo isn't functioning properly ... and with the airflow not doing the right thing, I suppose it could throw the CEL on you.

Sorry for the stupid q. I went back and read the history of this thread, about the common rail etc, on order. I Imagine they will want to see these parts replaced before they make any other moves.
I think they are taking you seriously. They could have offered you anything as a drive car or nothing. The Triton is not a Nissan but capable of doing your job I assume.

Old.Tony would love for you to take a look. It is starting to happen alot more now. About 6 times today. Each time when you are cruising then go to accelerate it revs then enters limp mode with no CEL. I finally was able to capture in on my phone, i guess a picture tells a thousand words. I will upload to you tube and link to this site. Any feedback from members very welcome. Would love to fix this once and for all. Timmy is this what is happening with you? im worried about taking it to Nissan and spending big $$$ as they do not seem able to fix. I did take it too them when it was under warranty, should they still cover it under warranty as they could fault and coul not get any codes from ECU??

I can fit my bluetooth dongle to your OBD port and watch the output of your ECU on my phone. We can then see what boost level it reached, I can do it as a graph. Your boost level is recorded by the ECU, so we'll know.

We're heading up to Coopernook this weekend, but I might have some time tomorrow afternoon. What you up to?

Back