Recall Notice

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amber.2

Reaction score
i Just received a recall notice for my D22 apparently there is a fault with the steering wheel Air Bag they said they would notify me when the parts were available Any one else receive this notice

I haven't had a notice but this must have something to do with the huge recall Toyota did earlier this year for their airbags. The company that does those airbags does the whole Japanese car brands airbags. So nothing to do with Nissan or Toyota really. Poor manufacturing from the mother company.

I rang my dealer a couple of months ago after I heard about it. They told me the vin numbers hadn't been published yet although they were already on the accc website. They said they didn't have parts yet anyway so still waiting. At least they rang you. It's a faulty air bag that might put a hole in your head instead of saving your life.

these are the VIN numbers that got released here(might not include Zd30 d22's since we didnt have them in europe but worth checking), hope it helps:
Vin Start: JN1APGD22U0055209 Vin End: JN1APGD22U0055209
Vin Start: JN1BPUD22U0071392 Vin End: JN1BPUD22U0084987
Vin Start: JN1APUD22U0030004 Vin End: JN1APUD22U0035285
also manufacturing date is PICK-UP (D22): From 06/01/2004 to 30/03/2007 so my 2002 was safe. i repeat thats the european recall but all trucks come out the same factory so it might help.

Last edited:
My vins on the list but I haven't been contacted yet, not gunna hold my breath while waiting.

img210.jpg

I got one today. It says its the passenger side airbag that could be faulty. Wont have stock till march 2016 they will notify me when the parts are in. 2006 d22

You'd think they know there is no passenger side airbag in ZD30 models.

Mines an STR, they never offered it to me!

i think they started using passenger airbags after 2004 or something, mine is a full version as well and it has a no airbag in the passenger side, it has a handy storage room. (thankfully havent used drivers airbag anyway)

Latest posts

Back