Ridgie's ride.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My bad, missed that comment, I saw the one previous about not daily driver for much longer etc etc. So are you still running the ome shocks?
Obvious choice for me is ironman as I know someone there that can get me chop out. Have heard varying opinions on them, I'll do some research....

Yep - still running the OME shocks.

Get me chop out? Are you serious? Man, you should be the innuendo administrator, I bet your sittin there laughing like Beavis and butthead would... or used to anyway... Martin Scorsese, woah check it out Beavis Martin scores easy oh yeah yeah Uh huh huh.
Haha.

Greaseable shackles.

Greaseable shackles added today. Did it myself - with some helpful advice from bloodviper and Nav05ST-R.

Got them from Superior Engineering - $60-00 for the pair. (superiorengineering.com.au)

Attachments

• DSCF7623.jpg
    DSCF7623.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 150
  • DSCF7630.jpg
    DSCF7630.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 139
  • DSCF7624.jpg
    DSCF7624.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
Sliders are on!

Had the custom sliders fitted on Friday - very bloody happy!

Thanks Gazza.

Attachments

• DSCF7637.jpg
    DSCF7637.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 230
  • DSCF7638.jpg
    DSCF7638.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 215
  • DSCF7641.jpg
    DSCF7641.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:
Nice one ridgie, lookin mighty fine!
Any details on those or are they a one off?
you'll be on the cover of a magazine soon... keep your shirt on aye!!
Cheers

Aido & Digbyj - PM sent.

Thanks for that ridgie, but sorry I'm not willing to do that to another man for some sliders, haha, I'll keep an eye on the vnog thread and see what eventuates...
Itll probably work better if I go out and damage the sidesteps first, then she might see it my way!
Cheers

Roo systems chip & 3" exhaust now fitted.

Some issues fitting the exhaust - it pressed hard up against the drive shaft - so no chance of it being a DIY kit! The guys did some magic and it all fits well now. I'll get under it later to have a better view.

The fitter believes the chip is a re-badged DP Chip.

Results are very noticeable - goes well. Not much noisier - which I'm happy about. Turbo spools up much quicker.

Results of the dyno - 3rd gear, tyre pressures at 32.
Standard - 60kw.
Chip set at 5 - 70kw
Chip set at 7 - 76kw
add exhaust - 80.2kw.

Advised to keep an eye on fuel consumption and if too heavy drop it back to 6.

Hey Ridgie, awesome info on here mate, very helpful.
I'm looking to upgrade my exhaust without doing the chip as I wait for my warranty to run out. Would you recommend the Roo Exhaust 3" by itself without the chip?

Thanks

I'm looking to upgrade my exhaust without doing the chip as I wait for my warranty to run out. Would you recommend the Roo Exhaust 3" by itself without the chip?

Thanks

The system is good once fitted - make sure you speak to Ben at Roo systems about any 'tips' on fitting the exhaust.

If I had plenty of cash I would look at a Taipan exhaust - but the Roo systems package covered my needs.

It is barely louder than the stock exhaust - so if you are after an increase in note you would need to remove/replace the muffler.

No complaints to date. I guess it's a matter of price - I'm not sure what they charge for the exhaust on it's own. Perhaps do some price comparisons with Beuadesert, Taipan, Roo systems and it may pay to have a chat to you local exhaust dealer and see what they can do.

Cheers, and good luck.

Thanks

Ridgie,where did u get the dyno done?
I need to get mine done also.
Thanks,joe
I still have your dog bits,might drop them off at navarians.

Joe & Ian - no drama lads. If and when you can. I appreciate the efforts - and hey I forgot to 'remind navarian' but he found his way to the thread.

Time for an update.

Have removed the rear bar and added two recovery hooks.

Had the muffler cut from the 3" exhaust and flanges put on everything so it's any easy job to re-fit if needed.

Spent the today over at Scottybobcat's getting some stuff sorted.

Redarc dual battery set up (just waiting on the correct tray and it will be all good).

Fitted two Outback Ideas recovery points after cutting some pieces from my TJM bash plate.

Very big thanks to Scotty for all his work today -couldn't have done it on my own. Thanks also to Aido for his help and Glen for his safety watch. Marcus also dropped in to say g'day. A great VNOG gathering with plenty of helpful advice.

I'll put some pics up soon.

80 series airbox is on order.

Latest posts

Back