Ridgie's ride.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Upper control arms and stuff.

Fitted Cal Offroad UCA's, together with an idler arm brace and HD tie rod adjusters.

Good increase in bump stop clearance with an additional lift of about one inch.

Attachments

• DSCF7964.jpg
    DSCF7964.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 197
  • DSCF7965.jpg
    DSCF7965.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 173
Looks good.

I have Snake racing Tie rods and adjusters in mine which are a little different to those.

Hey mate, trucks looking good. Just wondering what roof racks you have. Are they just the clamp on ones? How do they go with the awning and that on them? Havent had any issues? Ive been looking at them for a while but wasnt sure how they would go.

Thanks ant. They are on rails that have been fixed to the roof - they are heavy duty sports bars. The awning fits well but needed a specially made bracket to fit, and I'm told that on our recent trip to the Mallee sand dunes the awning was flapping about on the brackets.

If I had my time again I would be getting the roof bars in/on the canopy and mounting the awning to that.

Hows the handling over the rough stuff now the control arms are in?

I can guess the answer but I want you to put up something like this --->:victory:

Alignment and camber work out ok?

The travel is much better - far less bouncing off the bump stops - both up and down. IMHO a noticeable improvement.

Alignment came up well as did the wheel camber. Both the installer and wheel alignment man were generally happy with the results.

The Nav tracks better from my point of view - much less drag to the left - which was a problem I have always had. And the alignment did not alter after the punishment the front end got in the sand.

The Cal offroad aren't much longer, if at all, than the stock ones - what gives the travel is the angle of the ball joint.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply mate. I was a bit confused at first cause all the early pics look like the clamp on type roof racks, but as I looked through the rest of your pics I seen you have changed to the track mounts.

hey mate such a inspiration your navara is to me! im very keen on the rear checker plate you did with number plate and taking off the ugly chrome rear step i shall be modifying your idea and doing it to mine, :D!

Cheers mate. It looks heaps better than the stock shelf . I stole the idea from a Nav I saw in a carpark in Moe. A few guys have done it now.

Enjoy Aron.

My jealousy is through the roof!!!
I couldn't be anymore green with envy!
Everything on you're ute is what I've planned or mine :)
Minus the canopy. Love it mate. Looks sweet as

My jealousy is through the roof!!!
I couldn't be anymore green with envy!
Everything on you're ute is what I've planned or mine :)
Minus the canopy. Love it mate. Looks sweet as

Cheers mate. It gives me a chuckle to think people admire my Nav - but having said that I'm pretty happy with it.

I recently added the single din cup holder and a new 'loud' horn.

Here are some up to date exterior pics.

Attachments

• DSCF8079.jpg
    DSCF8079.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 161
  • DSCF8082.jpg
    DSCF8082.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 158
  • DSCF8083.jpg
    DSCF8083.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 157
Back