Ripley Saturday 17th Sept

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man crap. Hope you can sort it out before to much damage happens. Next time I'm gonna hit glasshouse mountains. Prob in next couple of months. Making a weekend of it so camping overnight.

Goodluck
Rusty

ljacko78 said:
pretty sure thermostat is gone. AC is cold for 5 min, then hot as.... then guage goes up.

Is possible the radiator is blocked - too much mud driving me thinks. Just got to nurse car home again (same as clutch last time - getting a little pissed at things breaking)

Yeah, that sucks. A mate of mine had a very similar problem, truck just started overheating real bad. Was just the mud and stuff blocking the radiator fins. A good hose out later and she was good as.

Hopefully that's all it is. Wouldn't hurt to give the radiatir a flush out as well.

Just a quick one. is everyone happy with the 8:00 start. we can make it 9:99 start if you want? Let me know.

cheers

also anyone else that wants to come please do

8 is fine by me as i only live 20 minutes away. but like i pm'd you, i'll be waiting on my co-pilot to arrive at my place before i come down, so i may be late, but then again i may not!

I'm only 20-30 mins away. I have to pick up my co-pilot so ill have to leave earlier then come back past my house etc. Was thinking maybe ppl would like the hours sleep in. I might end up being a tad late anyway. Leave it at 8.

See tall tomoz

hope the day was good lads - post up some vids and pics

radiator was flushed and fins cleaned - my ute is fixed :)

Right now we know that Rus's Nav is a boy :sarcastic:

Rus2.jpg

Rus3.jpg

Oops wrong line Rus

Rus1.jpg

Last edited:
Ahah gonzo classic picture. Well the flare is a lil more shitted then we thought, paints cracked and when reversing over it from recover a screw has punctured through the plastic. I think its repairable but ill ring around some wreckers on Monday.

Over all apart from my hickup it was a dam good day and a shame we couldnt of had more people turn up. Thanks for the turn up and the chats along the way. Certainly found out a few more things the nav can/can't handle.

Lots of movies and pictures to come. Bro in law took has camcorder and slr camera. I'll get them up as soon as I can.

And gonzo has already started

well weekend has been lone and this is the first chance ive had to get at my pc for some photo uploads. videos will take a lil longer as i only have shit dongle dialup and i will need to get my bro to upload them.

again the day was good and i have a few pitcures that may explain a lil more about the day. videos will explain alot more and i great shots thanks to my bro in law.

as gonzo has posted that was my hiccup for the day and there any plenty of pictures of that floating around atm, including nissanpatrol.com.au forum as my brother posted it up there.

photo explained: had been up the hill taking the more exciting track(harder) and wanted to give it another go using the slightly easier track. drove down the hill flicked a uturn and didnt see the drop off when i was turning. felt the car start to drop in but by the time i got my bot to the brake and slammed it in reverse it was to far gone. ended up with flare gone and the genuine alloy step has been pushed up/bent. not a bigger as they are both repairable. flare is in need of some plastic welding and sidesteps are in replacement of sliders (simple).

now here come the pictures:
RustyHungUp4.jpg

RustyHungUp8.jpg

RustyHungUp5.jpg

also the only Patrol driver had to recover me cause he wanted to shame the Nav out on the Patrol Forum. LAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RustyHungUp7.jpg

RustyNav - missing my flare. Gonzo was gonna flog it. Cheap Ass
RustyFlare1.jpg

Joshman Navara - Nice Nav BTW it looked neat. i have to get my HD EFS Springs in
JoshmanNav3.jpg

Bryce Navara - Sorry its the arse end but only one we got
BryceNav1.jpg

Landcruiser Ute - all parked up after it spat the bearing in the alternator. Not a cheap repair Bad Luck dude
CruiserBroken1.jpg

And really the last photo i have thatisnt about my car being stuck.

my bro and i stopped on the way back for a photo. He told me he wanted a pic of his car while it was covered in dirt. AHHHHHHHHH yeh ok its lightly dusted nuttin compared to the Nav. It still looks shiny in the picture

PatrolNav.jpg

as said before movies will follow shortly after i get my hands on the fast internet hopefully in next few days. Cheers. also sorry if i got your numberplate in the picture i forgot bout covering them :S

oh BTW the wifes response was a lil better then expected. just a quick " LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE" convo and she was laughing 2mins later. all repairable so she didnt really care. she found it funny that only that morning before i left i was discussing steel sliders with her only to come home and have a bashed step. COINCIDENCE MUCH :D

Last edited:
Looks like a awesome day mate and some awesome photos,Hopefully the repairs don't set you back too much. Hopefully the next run I will be able to make it.

Looks like a awesome day mate and some awesome photos,Hopefully the repairs don't set you back too much. Hopefully the next run I will be able to make it.

repairs wont be to much mate. steps can stay bent till they take a few more hits and funds allow for the sliders from scottybobcat and the flare may be repairable or i could just get a replacement from a wrecker somewhere. will find out costs tomoz.

hope you can make it out for the next run. im thinking bout getting the patrol and nav guys together for a Glass House Run and maybe even camp somewhere overnight.

movies have been loaded onto my photobucket account tonite so ill try get them on website asap. my internet is shit so im having to use my bros net.

Latest posts

Back