road closures?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

308bever

Reaction score
is there a website that shows roads and tracks closed due to bushfires/burning-off/storm damage? thanks (((-;

Probably the department of name changes is your best bet for road closures due to burn offs, think it's called DEPI this week
http://delwp.vic.gov.au/fire-and-emergencies
No guarantees about the accuracy, they planned a burn up to my back fence, for two years I got notified of every other burn, but not the one behind my house, I found that out when I saw the smoke. And I,m the local captain, would of thought I would at least be notified. Whinging mongrel I am ha ha

Hi happy John,
It all depends where you are and where you are planning to go.
In Victoria there are three online sources go info that I know of.
1. VicRoads website will have info about main roads and highways but will usually have nothing about the bush tracks.
2. Parks Victoria website will have info about closures of parks, campground and tracks within parks and
3. DEPI / DELWP have an online map based system called the Public Access Map. This shows current and planned closures due to seasonal closures, track conditions and road works but doesn't always show closures due to relatively short term things like fires and planned burns, but common sense would suggest that there are temporary closures in place around any fire or burn. The Public Access Map is not easy to find but it is there! And they are called Department of Environment Land Water and Planning these days.
Additionally you could get info from 4wd Victoria as they get involved with the yearly seasonal closures. These are usually in place over the wetter months and most are in place from after Queens Birthday weekend to before cup day weekend.
Hope any of this helps.

And they are called Department of Environment Land Water and Planning these days.

That's this week, next week who knows.

Only thing to be real careful about with seasonal road closures, they have a bad habit of only gateing up one end of a track. All around my end of the wombat state forest they only put gates at one end. Couple of times I,ve headed out next to my house and ended up at the end of a track with a gate and a sign saying no entry, lucky for me it didn't say no exit:rofl2:.

Latest posts

Back