Rough vibration while braking & acceleration

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black Beautie

Reaction score
Had the front tyres replaced a few weeks ago. Got the new ones on the back & put the back ones on the front. From then on I've had the troubling felling. I've check the brakes. Still the same.

All I can think it could be is possibly A buckled rim.. If it went from the back of the car to the front and now you have the vibration.I believe it could be possible to have a buckle in the rim.
You wouldn't notice it on the back (as much)

Well that's my thoughts on the description.

Does the vibration go away when you are coasting (not accelerating, not braking, just maintaining speed on level ground)?

If so, I wonder if it's rear wheel bearings. Fronts could do it too, but you wouldn't feel them as much when accelerating unless you were in 4WD. When power is applied, your brake rotors and drums are released, and energy surges through the prop shaft in through the diff into the axles, hubs and to the wheels. Usually, a damaged prop shaft, diff or axle won't vibrate when braking because that extra energy isn't there.

The rear bearings are a constant in both acceleration and braking. Jack up the rear of the car and check them out! Has your ABS light come on? The ABS sensor in the rear is near the bearing and a destroyed bearing often gums up the ABS sensor.

Latest posts

Back