RustyNavs Tourer

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you sealed up the tub?

I've been looking for a solution to seal around the edges of the tailgate and also the 4 holes up under the sills on the side of the tub.

fzrr said:
Have you sealed up the tub?

I've been looking for a solution to seal around the edges of the tailgate and also the 4 holes up under the sills on the side of the tub.

I've done a decent job at this. I used some plates and foam to seal the edges of the tailgate, then used sikaflex and some small plates of aluminum to seal those holes under the lip, I've done a 95% at those holes under the lip, I need to give them another dash of sikaflex to properly do them. Don't miss the massive holes at either end under that lip either!

Your ute is looking good Rus. Not long now and it will be in the ultimate tourers magazine. Let me know when you need your drawers done.

Sent from Josh's iPhone using Forum Runner

Your ute is looking good Rus. Not long now and it will be in the ultimate tourers magazine. Let me know when you need your drawers done.

cheers josh. only thing letting me down is im not gonna have a tent on the roof. we will be pitching a tent every where we stop which is simple to do or maybe draggings my brothers custom camper around when he isnt using it. but im sure if we go somewhere he will want to go. im hoping to get it all sorted before the cape trip. thats including scotties sliders etc. the chip and new dump pipe are going in october 26th WOOT.

what sort of $ figure we looking at for drawers. i was gonna do myself cause the wife works in an alloy sales company but if you can do it for around the same ball park i think ill get them done professionally. have you got a set you have a picture or 2 of?

im trying to convince the wife for roof racks and a basket from matt76. its a s/s unit which means lightweight and rustproof. more gear can be stored on the roof then.

Rusty

I like how your going with your ute Rusty.
I plan to do the DIY spray liner soon so thanks for your pics and thorough instructions!

Turned out great!

I like how your going with your ute Rusty.
I plan to do the DIY spray liner soon so thanks for your pics and thorough instructions!

Turned out great!

Thanks dude. I'm a big fan of diy and id pretty much give anything a go. I'll leave the protection up to pros though. I guess being chippy gives me some skills to try stuff

The spray liner has become better with age. Meaning its hardened a lot more where as before it was still soft and I have scraped some off. I dragged all the camping gear it the other weekend and didn't chip any of it.

RustyNav09 said:
what sort of $ figure we looking at for drawers. i was gonna do myself cause the wife works in an alloy sales company but if you can do it for around the same ball park i think ill get them done professionally. have you got a set you have a picture or 2 of?

Rusty

for drawers much the same as drifter set up including the wings to cover the wheel arches will be around $1150 depending on what locks you choose. I'll use the Teflon slides for the drawers too. These will just about never wear out.

Boost gauge showed up today in the mail. Dam its small in overall size compared to other brands I've seen. The electronics sender is no bigger then a kiddy pack of sultanas or a kiddy snack snickers. Now gotta wait for chip and the other bits. Plus wait for the car to get home seen the wife took it :S

for drawers much the same as drifter set up including the wings to cover the wheel arches will be around $1150 depending on what locks you choose. I'll use the Teflon slides for the drawers too. These will just about never wear out.

I'm still going to get those drawers made up from you as well Josh that I asked you about a couple of months ago. Little bits of my savings for them keep disappearing!

Oh also my dump pipe is going in on Monday. Stupid thing has to be the mosy expensive part of the system. It's all good I didnt pay for what's on it now so meh. Gotta make factory heat shield fit once I get the car back. Hoping the chip turns up before Friday :S, so I can get the EGT probe from it for the exhaust guys.

It's getting done by Mild to Wild at slacks creek. Never really used them before so this will be a test. They are gonna use whatever size pipe fits behind the turbo. Would be about 2.75" I think. Yay

well my new toy rocked up today. wooot pictures below

IMAG0236-1.jpg

itll be in on the dodgey mechanics day and ill be sure to take heaps of fitting pics and post it up.

aswell today i got the intercooler drilled and a bung tig welded into it for the boost gauge. that will be in tomoz morning hopefully so i can see what boost is running at standard to open it up with the boost controller.

ill get some more info up tomoz on boost gauge.

Cheers
Rusty

Had a productive day today. The boost gauge went in and the egt gauge and probe have been installed. Probe as waiting for new dump pipe to be fitted Monday.

Pictures will be up soon once I get home

Cheers

raywise said:
I'm still going to get those drawers made up from you as well Josh that I asked you about a couple of months ago. Little bits of my savings for them keep disappearing!

That's ok ray. When ever your ready. Sorry for the hijak.
Your New rocket toys look great.

well a few more bits have made it off my todo list to the car. spent the whole of saturday(i didnt expect it to takes so long) fitting the boost gauge and also the egt gauge and controller for when the chip gets installed at the mechanics day next week. so here are some shots.

the gauge is a Roadrunner(Racetech) with Electronic Stepmaster motor, this is a electronic gauge with a sender unti which i have mounted under the dash with a air filter inline to stop water ingress into sender unit.

night time shots
IMAG0240.jpg

IMAG0238.jpg

IMAG0241.jpg

daytime shots.

a lil more detail for first picture is.
top right = my handsfree bluetooth mobile kit(also has controller on steering wheel)
bottom right = the boost gauge
bottom left (below cd player) - is the ChipIt EGT Gauge/Controller
IMAG0245.jpg

IMAG0248.jpg

IMAG0251.jpg

reason the temp is so low is cause it isnt hooked into the exhaust yet. it is just in engine bay zip tied back to the firewall.

so this is my boost reading. i have been maxing out at 15psi in every gear. so im guessing thats my standard boost setting. so i have set my gauge to 16psi warning flash, but i will be installing a boost controller and setting the boost to 19-20psi so will need to reset. also i still have to set the egt gauge to alert when temps hit over 575(recommended by chipit). i hope i never hit that temp ever. New dump pipe goes in tomorrow morning YAY so i will get proper readings sometime tomoz.

cheers
Rusty

just some more updates are a stuff around with the exhaust mobs tht i was ready to rip his head off. got my 2.5" custom dump pipe fitted to my alraedy 2.5" system. the dump is straight 2.5" no cat (will be getting one) hooking up to the existing system which has 1 sports muffler and 1 flexijoint. reason i didnt get a cat is becuase he didnt have one to fit in between chassis and gearbox/transmission where i wanted one. so i have to source my own 2.5" 100cell cat and get it welded in. stiill hunting a cat. there are plenty of sports cats on ebay ranging from $80-$160 free post but i dont know about quality. brands range from Loboka, Bokka, Scotts Rods, etc, but they all look the same and are all metall 100cell cats. any help would be good?

anyways here is some pictures
IMAG0262.jpg

IMAG0260.jpg

IMAG0261.jpg

Latest posts

Back