Scotty's vent thread. Formally the Yank thread.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WTF is wrong with you guys???? Did the US take away all your toys or something???? Pretty serious haters here. Or maybe jealousy???
Anyway, first thing, I also don't think devilruners truck is extra special. It is unique. And it a sounds like it would be a fun truck. But not my cup of tea.
Scottybobcat, you also have a cool truck, actually one I would prefer over devilruners.
BUT the problem is you came into that forum being a total ARSE. Your truck might be faster, more advanced, etc. but you don't have to try to shit on some else's truck. That just makes you a serious arse.
If you had come into the forum presenting your converted truck, I promise you would have gotten lots of praise and lost of questions and attention. But no, you showed up and started bashing another member. Why??
Anyway, seriously, whats with the anti american view. Most americans have a pretty good view of Aussies. I do. At least I did until I read this thread. What did we every do you your country?
And douche is a cleaning process/tool for cleaning a ladies vagina. And it's obviously a french word guys.

I for one have no issues with America, I just dont think its right that a EFI vehicle fitted with emissions gear should be converted back to a 1970's emissions wise.

If he cant register it due to that fact then I think the American goverment is moving forward like the rest of the world.

It is good to have an American perspective, I haven't researched it as there are to many states to look up, as there would be differences between states. Whats your understanding ?

One thing the US has got right since day one is good capacity diesels, hell look at the Dodge Ram with the 6BT Cummins. That thing would be just starting to work with 2t behind it.

Dave.

Most states, including mine-Texas, require modern emission testing. I am very much pro-fuel injected modern engines. I did a V8 conversion years back in my old Chevy S10. Did it myself. But I went with a LT4 fuel injected Corvette motor. I had full gauges, a/c, and I passed emissions testing too without issue.
I know diesels are very powerful and potentially very quick, but in truth I'm one of the few that actually hate them. Just not my cup of tea. I have a 4.0L with a 6spd, 4.11's, Truetrac LSD, headers, duals, & etc. I love running my truck through the gears & getting all the power i can out of my engine. But I'm a minority on the other forums. Most of those guys just don't get it, or me for that matter.
Here is a couple clips of my truck & having some fun.
YouTube - 08 Frontier Truetrac Tryout 2
YouTube - 08 Frontier-A couple donuts

If thats the case then good, I think the biggest problem people had was putting in a motor that came from 30 years ago.

I love watching the youtube videos of burnouts in pick up trucks in the US, the only 2 places in the world where a 454BB could be practical is the US and the middle east as fuel isn't that dear in those 2 places.

I have always wanted to see Colorado, Texas would be good to see.

Isn't Texas the pick up truck Capital of the US.

Out of interest to, how come you went for a Jap ute ?

If I was in the US my other pick up would be a Dodge Ram.

Dave.

Texas is the pretty much the truck capital of the US. We love Trucks. Well the reason for me buying a Jap ute was due limited choices in the direction I like. First thing, I prefer mid size trucks. My requirements were a good powerful engine, good brakes, and fun to drive mainly. That left me with the Chevy Colorado, Ford Ranger, Toyota Tacoma, Nissan Frontier, & Dodge Dakota.
1-The Ranger is a dependable truck, but very out-dated and a pathetic engine.
2-The Tacoma is pretty nice, but to get the V6 you either have a 4 x 4 styled truck, or xrunner which is too boy-racer looking for me.
3-The Dakota has a decent engine, but its very heavy and tuned poorly.
4-The Colorado only had the 5 cylinder. Its a good engine, but I wanted a V8 or V6. They now just came out with the 5.3L V8, but a year too late. I actually love chevy's though.
5-The Frontier had a powerful 4.0L V6, a fun 6spd transmission, 4 wheel disc brakes, and was very reasonably priced. It won pretty easy for me. It is actually made now in the US, though of course it has Nissan technology.
Anyway, my brother owns a Dodge ram pickup, another brother has a chevy S10 and his son bought the new V8 Colorado, and my dad had an old nissan p/u. We love our trucks!

Last edited:
Texas is the pretty much the Texas capital of the US. We love Trucks.

I don't think you'll get a lot of competition from Atlanta for the "Texas capital of the US". You'll probably find that Texas will always win that.

If it ever loses, of course, you'll probably have to move to another country, like California.

Hell if I could get a Dodge I would in a heartbeat
Funny how we call our trucks Jap . They dont make the D40 in Japan at all and in fact they dont allow them on their roads from what I hear.They class them as too big.
The Frontier is built in the US and the ST-X in Spain.
I have been in Nth America and the price of their fuel isnt so cheap any more , well not like it used to be anyway.

Rdrfrontier is the Colarado motor the same power as the C1500 Chevy pick up ?

Good call Krafty, I was waiting for that. Lol.

Dave.

Glad I didn't let you down.

See it's not just the yanks we take the piss out of, unless Dave is a yank then I take the comment back

Rdrfrontier is the Colarado motor the same power as the C1500 Chevy pick up ?

Good call Krafty, I was waiting for that. Lol.

Dave.

Basically yes, its the same, It has 300hp/320ftlbs from the factory. Chevy seriously killed it with torque management though. But we got his truck tuned and it does pretty nice now. Sweet little 5.3L with lots of potential.

WTF is wrong with you guys???? Did the US take away all your toys or something???? Pretty serious haters here. Or maybe jealousy???
Anyway, first thing, I also don't think devilruners truck is extra special. It is unique. And it a sounds like it would be a fun truck. But not my cup of tea.
Scottybobcat, you also have a cool truck, actually one I would prefer over devilruners.
BUT the problem is you came into that forum being a total ARSE. Your truck might be faster, more advanced, etc. but you don't have to try to shit on some else's truck. That just makes you a serious arse.
If you had come into the forum presenting your converted truck, I promise you would have gotten lots of praise and lost of questions and attention. But no, you showed up and started bashing another member. Why??
Anyway, seriously, whats with the anti american view. Most americans have a pretty good view of Aussies. I do. At least I did until I read this thread. What did we every do you your country?
And douche is a cleaning process/tool for cleaning a ladies vagina. And it's obviously a french word guys.

I don't realy have a problam with the yanks but when you lot call me a hater when all I said was I don't know what all the fuss is about putting a carbed 350 into a d40 with nothing working isn't anything special and he is doing a half arsed job and you lot jump down my throat well I will take the piss,granted you are all not like that but even if I hadn't done the conversion to mine my opinion would have been the same.The shit some of you guys came out with,well that is the response you got,and as far as jelousy goes you have nothing that I want or havn't already got.

Hey scottybobcat, i actually would like to to some more videos of you truck. Like I said, I much prefer the direction you went with your truck vs old style carb V8. Also, have you ever taken it to the track?

I see a Navara, but i hear an HSV!!!

Thats how they should be made by Nissan. Thats AWESOME Scotty!

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J18-0_HqwBk&feature=related[/YT]

Too right it's awesome. I had a ride in it and it blew me away. Definitely an adrenaline rush, both for the feel of its power, the look as you're accelerating and the awesome sound.

Latest posts

Back