Scotty's vent thread. Formally the Yank thread.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scott I changed the name of the thread as there are a few Americans here now, gotta keep everyone happy.

Good video by the way.

Dave.

Scott I changed the name of the thread as there are a few Americans here now, gotta keep everyone happy.

Good video by the way.

Dave.

Dave, no need to change any titles. The title or thread didn't offend me. I posted a few days ago mostly because I was baffled by the anger/attitude towards americans. I was just trying to figure out where and why this happened.
I believe in freedom of speech. If It offends me that much, I'm smart enough to leave this forum. This is a Navara forum. Not a Frontier forum, so I consider my self a guest here. Therefore I thank you guys for allowing me to pop in here from time to time. No need to make changes for me or any other american.
I like this forum and I intend to keep visiting periodically as long as it doesn't offend or annoy the Navara owners on this site. Keep truckin' like always guys :rock:

Just a note if anyone is remotely interested.

I seem to remember not so long ago here a chap by the name of Fez, amongst othernames, came on here first up a bagged some of us and the treatment he got in response,
I think was identical to what Scotty got on the US forum,
and the way i see it the "fez" thread was no diferent to the "yank" thread IMO.

But each to their own.

Moral of the story...

no one likes smartarse.

:cheers!:

I was prepsred to give Fez a chance to defend himself but he didn't.

He kept acting like a dick.

Rdrfrontier came on here acting like a decent bloke and has done so since.

Dave.

There is no argument from me either but I didn't call them dick heads or top knobs either,as stated all I said was what was the fuss about putting a carbed 350 in a 2wd D40 and they jumped down my throat so I replyed the way I did.

Dont worry Scott, I think alot of people dont agree with the carby V8 thing into a newer vehicle.

Dave.

Everyone interprets things diferently, and as you know they interpreted your entry half way into a thread the way they did,
wether your your intentions were good or evil, thats the way it came across, and the reason you got that response from them and further posting did nothing to calm the situation..
Anyways thats the past.

:cheers!:

Yes it is but the thread keeps coming up and I'm one to tell it as I see it,but atleast people know where they stand with me.I'm not one to beat around the bush and bag people behind there back.

I think the mistake was made when you - someone from a different world - said that you'd not only done it, but done it better.

A great number of Americans believe that they are God's own people (to the exclusion of non-Americans), and that the entire world exists between Los Angeles and New York (roughly).

For an alien to come along and go one-up on them just grabs them by their xenophobia and eradicates their rationality.

Not saying they're all like that - but like all humans, there is a distinct "herd mentality" present and where one charismatic person turns, a million willing followers will turn with them.

I'm also NOT saying that we don't have a herd mentality - we just acknowledge that there are places beyond our borders with intelligent life, which is a stark contrast.

I think the mistake was made when you - someone from a different world - said that you'd not only done it, but done it better.

A great number of Americans believe that they are God's own people (to the exclusion of non-Americans), and that the entire world exists between Los Angeles and New York (roughly).

It's a big ignorant to say things like that without having been there. The stereotype that seems rife in Australia is not really accurate. If you've been there and you still have that opinion then that's fine.

I don't think it's any false sense of entitlement that makes it seem like the world ends at the US borders - America is a BIG place, there's so much more going on there than ever happens here so you never hear about the rest of the world. If Australia weren't so tiny and quiet we'd have the same thing going on.

I work with them. 'nuff said.

"Hey, ain't you tha guy that rhards a kan-go-roo to work?"

"Yes mate, and we can call 'em with a gum leaf plastered against our face"

As I said, they aren't all like that, but they do have things like the WORLD SERIES that stars just ONE country.

Ok boys for f@#k sake don't worry about it,as krankin said it is in the past.They said what they said and I said what I said so lets not start argueing on our forum.Thanks for the support guys but lets end it here.

this isn't about you scotty, gotta have something to whinge about and bag out on here. now that toyota has made it way to easy to bag shit on we gotta look for other avenues. :D

Actually that's funny, I was talking to a Hilux owner a few hours ago and he said his Lux had been recalled because the bonnet catch was deemed faulty.

Guess how Toyota fixed it? A bloody strap! Even Toyotas are made from Lego blocks.

Toyota just waited for Nissan to do the recall first so the could copy what Nissan did because they couldn't figure out their own $2 fix.

Not wanting to burst that bubble, but this recall was about 18 months ago, the guy said.

I wonder how many of these car companies actually have truly original ideas - even the bad ones!

I thought the Hilux recall was only notified about 4 weeks ago, I know there was a recall on something 'Lux related because my mate got his letter and there was something in the paper and on the news but maybe that was something else 'Lux related

Latest posts

Back