Should I or shouldn't I?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike1303

Reaction score
Should I or shouldn't I?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1416794541875.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1416794541875.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 218
It's most likely to be white

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1416794599818.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1416794599818.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 157
I think if its white it will look ok, being black its drawing your eye to it and making it look to after market, if its white it will look more subtitle and factory fitted............................. i think??

When I look at bonnet vents I was thinking to have them facing backward to get some of the hot air out.
I didn't go ahead in the end

Cheers

looks like the 1st gen D22 .... tacky.
Go to supercheap, repco, bursons, etc and get a primer and a couple of cans of QM1 paint match paint.

Yeah I know it is not bolted down. The Gen 1 D22 has a black scoop on a white bonnet on the base models

aus2008013143751_alt.jpg

Yeah I know it is not bolted down. The Gen 1 D22 has a black scoop on a white bonnet on the base models

aus2008013143751_alt.jpg
That's the exact model I 'borrowed' it from

I think if its white it will look ok, being black its drawing your eye to it and making it look to after market, if its white it will look more subtitle and factory fitted............................. i think??

I can see what you mean by it draws attention to the fact it's there by being black. I'd most likely get a white one.

I liked the d22 scoop better then the stock standard hilux type ones.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1416821516763.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1416821516763.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 96
Looks a little boy racer-ish. Bonnet vents that do exhaust hot air out do have merrit tho. The under bonnet temps on these trucks is crazy high. Any sort of reduction has gotta be doing some good.

A back yard bloke in Albion Park Rail on the south coast did my bonnet sides on the Chev.
Done in steel sheeting. Will try and get a pic tonight for you.
You would have to manufacture in fibreglass, why not use a sheet of thin steel and bolt it on with cheesehead bolts?( round head knurled edge stuff?)

I see that most of the louvred face backwards, but the last few in the middle face forward.
If you get one cut, you get to sort the layout and direction to please yourself

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 68

Latest posts

Back