Should Police Pursuits Be Stopped

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should Police Pursiuts Be Stopped

• Yes: Definitely there is too much risk to innocent lives.

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • No: Chase and risk is fine.

Votes: 24 49.0%
  • Maybe: Treat it on a case by case basis.

Votes: 21 42.9%

• Total voters
they should fit all cars with chips, whether it be implanted in the number plate or what ever (like a dog microchip). If the driver runs the cops can scan the car and request permission to track the vehice via GPS.

The chip would contains no driver information or personal details so there would be no privacy issue. All that is recieved by the cop car is a barcode number (rego number would also work). The police then must request permission for a gps track from a 3rd party (dispatch or central tracking) using the scanned information recieved from crooks car. (thus stopping Qld cops tracking hot chicks for fun).

No need for chase as police airwing can track them or cars can be sent to veicles final location.

I doubt many people would run knowing they are trackable anywhere.

Last edited:
agm-65-990324-f-9085b-001.jpg

I still wouldn't sacrifice anyones life (even your life) for that person Krankin

well thats your opinion, and you did ask for everyone else's.

how do you know you would or wouldnt be sacrificing...cops dont go out every shift thinking who will we kill today..
lets say they let the next bloke that runs from a random pullover sunshine,
an hour later sets off a bomb outside vicpol HQ or sets up at chaddy and picks off 45 shoppers or delivers the ingredients to a suburban drughouse to process 500,000 pills that will go on to f--k up 1000's of lives and kill some?????

Get more helicopters!

Sounds good in theory but these people would still think they can outrun a helicopter, I dont believe they would slow down, I dont want to see any innocent person die but i dont know if a no chase policy is the answer

Never said others couldn't express an opinion but that doesn't mean like everyone else I can't explain my stance even when everyone else is wrong :ha:

Lets say any number of things, but no real proof can be given for either side of the argument which at best means it should be done on a case by case basis.

Never said others couldn't express an opinion but that doesn't mean like everyone else I can't explain my stance even when everyone else is wrong :ha:

who said that was the case anyway...no crabbiness on this side of the screen

just debating.

I went to school with the guy who got killed the other day by the guy being chased. I 100% think that chases should continue. And they are already done on a case by case basis, The cops are not going to chase every single person that try's to run, if it is a dangerous situation they won't risk there own lives to chase someone, after working in security for 6 years I used to listen in to Police radio every night and heard numerous chases live, when they start a pursuit a Sargent must take control of the chase by radio and will get updates every few seconds of speed, weather and traffic conditions as well as location and direction of travel. On many occasions the Sargent would call it off if they thought it was too dangerous or the officer in the chasing car would call it off if they thought it too dangerous.
As others have said if everyone knows that they can just get away if they go over the limit there would be allot more people getting away with crimes as most burglaries and such are done with either a stolen car or stolen plates and if the perp is wearing a balaclava there is a very limited chance of them getting caught if they are not chased.

yes.....

and as was the case with the said chase....it was abandoned soon as the chaser car reported the runaway's speed and entry onto the wrong side of the road.

I can't believe the result of this poll. 9 to 4 against the case by case basis. Who are you blokes. A case by case basis is theoretically the best and is currently police policy. However this policy has a major flaw- it relies on the car chasing to report, "call the chase". All good untill you have a young police officer in high powered car. The adrenaline starts pumping, rational decissions by the officers in the chase go out the window. I have heard first had over the radio police opps yell out what is your speed now... and with lenghty delays in reply and you know the cop chasing is lieing or in some cases I have no doubt they have continued to chase after it has been called off. We will never know this for sure as it usually the police investigating the police. The'll protect themselves, in a way I don't blame them really, it's only natural.
I can not see for the life of me, in a built up populated area where a high speed chase can be justified.
So if my wife gets cleaned up and killed coming home from a late shift by some rabbit bolting from the cops or the police themselves, it's some kind of acceptable collateral damage??
Two wrongs never make a right.

Last edited:
^^^what alphabet said. Not only do we not loose them from a heli, we can chase at night from a long way away when they don't even know they are being chased.... plus... it gives me more potential work :D

And in the end, not only is it safer, its a lot cheaper than having an accident..... and most cities have the helicopters there, just the govt. and police too tight to pay for a few extra hours in the air and a few more pilots. Skip a few of those big conference lunches at the resorts they have, and whaalla. (Don't know how thats meant to be spelt, just having a punt...)

Bring on blue thunder....

Last edited:
no chase for me....if they dont chase someone then that car wont speed away and less chance of a crash..
the cops dont drive any better then we do and lots of deaths are due to the cop car wiping out someone innocent....
they can allways set up road blocks....

cant really set up a road block unless you chase it, how else do you know what road its on and which direction?

Latest posts

Back