Terrano Time

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a call around lunch time today from the GLW. Appears the Aircon in The Terrano dont work (was only 29 deg ) . So I call a mate who does Aircon and he was bored, so she goes straight around. He pokes in a little gas and Wooooo hooo. We got Air...

As Maddog says LOVE THE OLD DUNGERS !!!!!

Ok all you TD27T experts

Whats this "throttle" like thingy do. Does the oil stain on the under bonnet insulation suggest exessive blow by causing higher amounts of oil in the intake system, and also possible exsesive pressure loss at this point due to worn shaft on the butterfly (that i assume is inside the manifold).....

Heres a piccy

Attachments

• IMG_4781.jpg
    IMG_4781.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_4782.jpg
    IMG_4782.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 72
Wow, a hood liner, that's a bit fancy.

TD27T does have EGR (TD27/QD32 do not), that's about all it could be. Haven't got a TD27T, so I'm not sure on your other questions sorry Mat. You'll have to pull it out and inspect it I guess?

Well it seemed like a good buy. The top end has been getting a little noisy, so i set out to adjust the valve clearances and this is what i found.

Mushroomed heads on the valves and worn rockers.................

Wanted... Head suit TD27T

Attachments

• IMG_4783.jpg
    IMG_4783.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_4784.jpg
    IMG_4784.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_4785.jpg
    IMG_4785.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_4786.jpg
    IMG_4786.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_4787.jpg
    IMG_4787.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
So I needed to get it back on the road so i formulated a cunning plan.

1) dissasemble rocker gear
2) grind the foot of the rockers flat so an accurate adjustment can be acheived
3) re assemble rocker gear noteing large amonts of ware in many places
4) adjust clearances

Dont know the firing order, no issue, turn crank 20 deg, find loose tappets and set and mark with chalk. Just simply keep repeating untill all rockers have 4 chalk marks on them and you have stopped making adjustments.

5)put the rest of the shit back on the motor so it runs
6) drive the fuc*#$ keeping fingers crossed
7) next working day source exchange head and complete new rocker assy. (f$$#n long weekends)

Ps. Its goes shit loads better, sounds much quieter, Idles 200 rpm faster

Sourced the required parts to make permanent repairs. Thanks to Dion (again) and Adrian. Just got to go for a little drive to collect them. 343kms each way......

By the end of next year everyone is going to have someone else's motor. :sarcastic:

Good to hear Adrian could help you out.

The oil leak from the throttle is caused by crankcase ventilation vapours not EGR. The only real/legal way to stop it is to fit a catch can or PCV filter like the Provent 200.
Unfortunately the oil mist from the crankcase will be all through the inlet, even worse is the carbon from recirculated exhaust gases (EGR) will have mixed with the oil in the inlet manifold and ports to form a black sticky paste.
How do I know, it took me a day to clean up the mess in mine while I had the engine out.

P1010967.jpg

Tony

Last edited:
So the service that began last weekend has finally finished. The entire rocker assy was replaced with one from a complete TD27 I got from Adrain (Thanks again). The damaged valves will have to last about 2 years, or 30 000 kms, which they should if I keep an eye on the lash adjustment. While I had the intake apart I completely removed the EGR butterfly and blocked the vacum lines.

Once I had the engine idle correctly adjusted and the idle up for air con working I set about changing the oils in the front diff, gearbox and transfer case.

First the front diff, no issue. Then the gearbox. When the sump plug came out a very very thin red liguid flowed out. No smell of gear oil either. It mixed with the gear oil from the front diff already in the drain tray so I am not certain, but I think it was Transmission fluid, and yes the gearbox had always changed clunkiliy and sounded wrong, so i figured I had solved that mystery. So onto the transfer case and out comes the same red stuff. Let them both drain for some time then filled with 80-90 gear oil and went for a little drive. WOW what a difference.... the Engine is so quite, it changes gears like it should, the entire drive train is smoother....

Slowly I seem to be moving forward at last....

:cheers!::cheers!::cheers!:

Latest posts

Back